Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2005, 10:42 PM   #11
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like a lot of fun...that Firefox.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #12
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Larry, problems like these are rare - and it's a bug (ie, it's not meant to happen, and it's being fixed). And it only happens on Windows, and only if Firefox crashes, and even /then/ not always. IE does worse things, like letting Gator GAIN Claria into your system without you knowing.
Oh, and this bug is relatively minor in comparison to what it seems at first: there isn't actually any severe data loss (it forgets that your profile exists - not what's in it).
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #13
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I was able to get my brother's old favorites back. There was only one default profile, but in it were two bookmark file. The new one he created, and the old one, that was now called bookmarks2. I renamed it to bookmarks and he got it all back.

In my case, it didn't work, I had only lost half the file, not the whole of it, so there were no double or anything. I now backup my favorites more often.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote