Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-07-2005, 09:31 AM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051007...t_051007003002
Old 10-07-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
LOL I can see the situation now...the lady slowly crossing the road, angry drivers honking their horns, one hanging out the window, yelling "TODAY LADY TODAY !!!", and then two cops coming around the corner "AHA...BUSTED".

That cop's name HAS to be Tackleberry.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Lol

I read that story in the paper yesterday, the sad thing is the lady was using a walking stick to help her walk, which shows the mentality of the police who would rather give her a ticket than help her across the road *sigh

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

I thought all Aussies were about helping each other out . What has Australia come to?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:13 AM   #5
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
I thought all Aussies were about helping each other out . What has Australia come to?
We do help each other out! The justice system just likes to screw us for doing so is all!

It's things like this that make me put more holes in my bikes exhaust!
Bokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 12:17 PM   #6
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

I hate police so much!
So very much,

A class of people soley out there to go out of their way to make your life hell, they are the kind of people that picked on you in school, and now they have the right to oppress you.
If you go to them for help they don't want to know.
They aren't intrested in catching someone who stole something from you or robbed your home.
However they will pull you over for a random breath test because Provisional liscence holders need to be pulled over since we obviously have no idea how to drive and we need to be fined and lose 3/4 of the points on our licence for not having a "P" plate on the front of our car.
Or perhaps we need to be threatened with arrest if we are walking home during the night, obviously anyone out at night is comitting some crime, it's as if we have a curfue.
They have the right to swear at and abuse us as they see fit, and if we do anything against them... well what can you do against them?
They can hand out FALSE traffic tickets and we can't do anything unless we go to court, which invokes court fees.
They are allowed to threaten us to get information, lie to us, and even break the law by interviewing us while underage as they well know is a crime without parental concent.

I speak from first hand experience, if I were to include experiences from others this rant would be much more extensive.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but i didn't do anything overly bad and even when I was perfectly good or seeking help they treated me (and everyone I know) like s**t.

/off rant

EDIT: yeah i guess my point was she's just an old lady they should leave here alone or help her cross rather than try to raise some funds.

[ 10-11-2005, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Intrepid ]
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:32 PM   #7
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

strangley funny. I can see this happening to my grandma.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:23 AM   #8
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

"What are you waiting for? To be born again!?! C'mon Granny move along now! I am not kidding about coming out there and beating your - (She gets to other side) "See you later Mrs Smith!"

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #9
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, she'll just have to go back to driving everywhere.

[ 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:50 PM   #10
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
A class of people soley out there to go out of their way to make your life hell, they are the kind of people that picked on you in school, and now they have the right to oppress you.
If you go to them for help they don't want to know.
Blame the governments and the bereaucrats - not the existance of the police force. It isn't the fact that they exist that rewards them for being like this - it's the policies made by high-ups that keep the people who care away from the public eye doing paperwork constantly, and put those who only care about the money trickling in on the streets and in the positions of power. The police aren't all bad - the system just works in exactly the wrong way.

Quote:
lose 3/4 of the points on our licence for not having a "P" plate on the front of our car.
Surely loosing points is a good thing? (Hint: demerit points == bad).

Quote:
They have the right to swear at and abuse us as they see fit,
No they don't. I hope.

Quote:
They can hand out FALSE traffic tickets and we can't do anything unless we go to court, which invokes court fees.
OK, now why would they? Remember that they don't get paid any more for giving out tickets.
And if that doesn't work for you, I have the perfect solution: walk.

Quote:
They are allowed to threaten us to get information, lie to us, and even break the law by interviewing us while underage as they well know is a crime without parental concent.
Not so. If you say anything when they're not meant to be interviewing you, or if they threaten you, no court worth the money it costs will accept what was said. And the police don't decide whether you're guilty or not - there are all kinds of checks in place so that if they think you did something any more serious than parking wrong they either have to catch you red handed, or get a judge to agree that you did it. The police power is actually very limited. Well, except in places like England where it's illegal to type '../../../' in your address bar.

EDIT: As for the original article, it's called 'negligence', 'stupidity', and 'overturned'.

[ 10-11-2005, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote