Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-08-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

maybe ought to change my name to "thread killer" 'cause a few times seems I was the last to post then the thread died. or maybe i'm just lucky.... so i thought i'd start one and see how it went....

anyway, favorite and least favorite places to live? (but only if you've actually lived there for at least a month)

favorite: tacoma, WA. (took me a while to figure that out, but my closest friends were mostly made there, and so close to seattle without actually having to live in the city.)

second favorite: alaska. abso-frickin'-lutely gorgeous. i love nature, love snow, love hiking on the side of a mountain and having the odd encounter with a moose. (by the way, them things are dangerous if you encounter a bull and a cow together, or a cow with her brood.)

least favorite: oregon. Oregon was nice enough, very green, very pretty. but bored off my ass most of the time. lasted about two months then got outta there 'cause i just couldn't take it anymore. didn't have "the feeling", ya know?

close second for least favorite: shanghai. basically here because of my wife and mother in law (two of about five people i really like here). otherwise the sheer number of less than pleasant personal experiences has started to get to me.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

favorite place to live, Alameda, California, right near San Francisco but in a spot not very crowde.

least favorite? id say my current place of residence. New Gloucester, Maine. this town is so small, you need to drive if you wanna do anything interesting.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Winter Wolf:
maybe ought to change my name to "thread killer" 'cause a few times seems I was the last to post then the thread died. or maybe i'm just lucky.... so i thought i'd start one and see how it went....

I'm a "Thread-slayer" too.

It's the nature of the forum, people live in different time-zones and sometimes it takes longer than you would think for a reply to appear in a thread, otherwise you've either "won" the discussion, provided it with closure or posted something so unfathomably stupid that you put others off! (I know which camp I fall into [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Favourite- Gibraltar. It's hot and sunny most of the year, you're always 5 minutes from a beach no matter where you are, it's safe and I love it!

2nd Favourite- Scotland-Edinburgh I lived there for a year, it's an amazing place, beautiful city mixed with nice shopping stylings of London. I lurve it. I'm also fond of cold, gloomy weather since I get so much sun in Gib!

Least Favourite place- Spain:anywhere All the bad stuff I associate with Gib, and then some. Too hot, no sea, and a boring landscape most of the time. "Oh look, A HORSE!"

[ 12-08-2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 12-08-2004, 11:01 AM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Well living in Shreewood Park Alberta Canada is a nice place to live. I have not been some where that I hated I would have just moved.

Also when I was working in england/living I loved it there. I was living in Cornwall in the town of New Quay.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:10 AM   #5
philip
Galvatron

I don't know I've lived in the same village for all I can remember. But I think it'll soon switch to the city in which I'll be going to university [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think I prefer to live close to but not in the city at the moment. Not sure since I've never been in Scandinavia but it sounds cool there too. Maybe I'll go studying for some time there.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:20 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Loved my stays in Moscow, but don't think I'd want to live there. Things were just a lot harder to do and basics were a lot harder to get than I like. Of course it's changed a lot since I was there so to be fair I'd have to go back to check it out again. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Vermont- loved almost every place I've lived in that state and am pretty fond of upstate NY, too. Not far from larger cities, but far enough to enjoy a little of the rural countryside with a short ride.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

*invents a perfect world*

If English speaking Dutch had invaded Australia, then a little town just away from the coast would be perfect. Near a big city for the ocasional trip and essentials, but small enough to tie youre horse onto the railings of the local pub without a second glance.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-09-2004, 07:44 AM   #8
coyote696
The Magister

hmm favorite would have to be Furth Germany. i lived there for about 4 years and had a great time traveling around europe.was amazing touiring the dungeons and castles and seeing the different things there.

Least favorite.......Leesville LA> was the dirtiest little town i have ever been in. but at least i was able to stay busy as a military police officer....lol
Old 12-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #9
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

I've lived in the same general area my entire life. I even work in the same hospital I was born at.

Although I did spend two weeks in Hawai'i on my honeymoon, and that was undoubtedly the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life. I met world-travelling tourists, who have been to parts of every continent, and called the island of Kaua'i "paradise."

Kaua'i is where I want to live.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #10
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Least favorite, Earth..

I like the planet for the most part, but the people are just everywhere, some of them are ok, but there are some real stupid ones out there..

Anyway, I have no favorite place, not found any one place I liked because of the place..

Now the right person can make any place nice, or nicer..