Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Do you clean them regularly? Or never do? Mine I clean regularly, it just drives me nuts if either one are dirty. I clean mine actually daily at work LOL, because I don't know who has been on my PC, might be someone who is sick and put their germs all over my desk, (boo on them!). Heck I've cleaned my keyboard at work so much that I've almost cleaned off the letters LOL (black keyboard). I've known many at work though who never clean their keyboards, they are just full of dust and crumbs and if the keyboard is white, the keys are all blackened, etc. Mouse usually is the same, with black marks on the sides and on the buttons. I just can't live with that LOL! I'm so anal about my keyboard and mouse, at home and at work. I'll let the vacuuming go sometimes at home, but never the keyboard, strange LOL.

How about you? What does your keyboard and mouse look like right now LOL?

[ 10-14-2004, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-14-2004, 07:46 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Well I have a load of keyboards for a host of computers, but I don't really clean any much. My black keyboard is usually clean, since I take care not to eat to near it etc. This one I am typing on right now is white, but has gone a bit dirty. I do occasionaly give it a clean, which makes it go back to white, but only maybe a handful of times a year.

I never clean my mouses. They never seem to get dirty.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I cleaned it today, so it looks all nice and shiny, but yesterday there were little spots from Coca Cola over the CTRL, ALT and SHIFT buttons, little crumbs of doritos under the spacebar, and i had a dirty ball from nicotine on my mousemat. But it's all peachy now.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Totally encrusted with dust and filth. As is most of my bedroom. I despise cleaning.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:56 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
My keyboard is ancient, so it will never be better than "off-white," again. Mouse is newer, though, and it seems clean, to me. What do you use to clean your keyboard, LZ?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:03 PM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I go to the grocery store, or drug store, and buy some of these wipes. One is Clorox Wipes (the green one smells pretty nice), or the Lysol ones. You can clean them pretty good with those.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #7
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Keyboard is a healthy brown / beige color (started out white). Never found the need to clean it, and it's just full of food crubs & cigarette ashes.

My mouse, however, I clean religously: I've never bothered to get an optical mouse, and I clean out the ball / tracks probably once a week to keep it running smoothly.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Both of mine are on those little rack that you use to put keyboard on, and I'm prudent not to drop anything in it.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Heh heheh... well just ask my keyboard and mouse yourself... I'm sure the think layer of dust will give the answer away...lol hehe
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Old 10-15-2004, 12:02 AM   #10
Dajjer
The Magister

I get the old can of air to clean mine on that rare occasion, but really, keyboards are so cheap they are almost disposable.