Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2001, 06:22 PM   #1
Forion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK, i am a new player, and I am right now in the slums trying to make 20000 bone. But from ready some other stuff people have posted, i am getting the idea that there is a way to "Up-grade" weapons or sumthing.
But first i have to ask a question. What does it mean when a weapon says 1D10 and 1d8+1 and 2D4. I tried looking in my manual but i couyld not find anything.
So back the the up-grade thing. Is it possible and if so where can i do it and how can i do it? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Forion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 06:28 PM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

You can upgarde SOME items in the game...
f.ex.
Mace of disruption+1 can be upgraded to a +2...etc
When you find pieces of some great weapon take them to Cromwell in the docks district...HeŽll assemble them if ALL the pieces are present.
He lives in the south-eastern corner of the map.
1D10+2 means that the comp rolls a dice with 10 numbers and then adds two to damage...
i.e I hit eight with the dice and the +2 equal a damge of 10 HP to monster.
BUT the +2 ALSO relates to THACO wich is the points you use to strike the monster.
THACO = To Hit Armor Class 0 (zero)

WELCOME TO THE BOARD BTW

Sparhawk is the father of a God
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2001, 06:39 PM   #3
Forion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ge thx man, your cool!! :cool:
Forion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 07:26 AM   #4
YeRFDoG
The Magister

Forion, since you are playing in Shadows of Amn wouldn't it be better to post your questions in the SoA forum?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]