Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 AM   #161
Legolas
Jack Burton

Default Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Ydalon

The boy giggled. Perhaps they were simply nerves, but the half-baked Valkyrie before him could not possibly be taken seriously. Especially when sprouting combat talk.

"He don't mean it like that, miss Asikol."

He covered a snigger by wiping his nose.

"I'm Ydalon, and thank you for bringing back our band's spirit assassin. Now I ain't seen anyone blue, nor a locust, but we met plenty people on the road and some of them looked darling. Bit of restraint might help your quest."

Ydalon flashed a grin.
"Or ours for that matter."
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #162
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

The look Jason gave the boy could have been translated into a number of things, but actually was meant as a "if-you-are-drunk-shut-the-hell-up" kind of look.

Looking back now towards the horseman, Jason felt vexation start to set in. He/she or whatever was the situation didnt seem drunk as it was at first glance. But perhaps he was, for anger such as this could come from drunks at any time.

Why you percieve me as an enemy i know not. Whether you are drunk or something else entirely, it does not give you proper right to throw bottles and threaten the life of a nobleman.

Well, he wasnt exactly a nobleman, but close enough. Then again, judging from the manner if this guy, it would mean little to him anyway.

Or does your code of honor not extend to men you've never met?
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #163
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow Re: Antagonist’s Anarchy: Derived from Dianthus

Miss? What under the sun...? Then he recalled he was still wearing their get-away disguise. Disgust flooded his features, and tearing off the wig in one hand, he placed it on the horse's head, and fixed first Ydalon with a sharp nod, and then Jason with an aloof look the match of any blue-blood, coupled with disbelief.

“Noble? You?” Sarcasm dripped from his words, “of course m'lord, how could I be so blind? A noble without the garb to match, kneeling in the dirt as blood runs from his nose; one who speaks without the refinement of his class but rather, the coarseness of commoners. Of course, how could I have missed such a thing?

“Tell me, which House do you hail from? Not that you Westlanders can claim such things; I doubt any of you 'nobles' are past your third generation. Pah! It means nothing.”
As he spoke, he absently unlaced the dress; it was one that laced from the neck to back and without breaking his words, or lifting it over his head, he pulled it from his leg, his eyes never leaving Jason's. Under the dress, he wore the common garb of a traveller, yet it was woven from finest silk. The tunic was dark, with a sheen of midnight blue, and at the man's side was a curved sword, as long as any broadsword, but not as wide.

“If this man,” he gestured at Nivram,
“is truly your companion, then perhaps you know the Blue Lotus by the name 'Isokla'. If you have encountered her, speak of her, I beseech you.” This was directed at Ydalon, “For I would know of her whereabouts.” His eyes flickered towards Jason, “The Lady Isokla and I share 'common' roots.” If there was any mistake that this man was anything less than a lord, given his usage of 'lady' for Isokla, well... how much more did it need spelling out?

~~~

Meanwhile, an all but forgotten Tod rumaged through the wreckage in search of a drink. Accursed arsonists.

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 04-22-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Missed a tag! oh noez!
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #164
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason's look was cool, yet his thoughts were hot, clothes do not define a man, and bloodlines only play on titles and whatnot. A mans actions define him, and though Jason's actions have been less that reputable of late, he wasnt always like that, and now he was free and could do as he pleased.

I am Jason De'Angelo Fain, last surviving son of my house which in the oldest tongue of man is called "Kyailcanira Stmiloanlaliill Omeli Ylwam Anira Lieylanilella Lairilweky". And let me inform you right now that no matter what you may think of my garb, you will adress me with the some respect.

(OOC: sorry about the long jibberish. I got it from a translation website http://www.tilansia.com/langconvert.php
Actually means Wealthy Craftsman From Under The Mountains Shadow)

Last edited by DrowArchmage; 04-23-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: OOC
Old 04-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #165
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

"Heeeeeeeey! Well if it ain't my favourite prisoner!" Nivram exclaimed as he unceremoniously dumped his wig into a puddle of mud. "I see you haven't had the common sense to escape while I was around. Foolish boy. And what's this about respect. A prisoner isn't due much respect you know. So treasure the little you get. If you manage to prove your innocence at a trial...well then I might...I just might give you a bit more respect. But until we manage to find someplace to give you a trial..."

Nivram's thoughts wandered off.

"Say, Asikol...got some more of that rice wine left? I'm starting to sober up."
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #166
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

"A bandit, a guard, a noble? Who the hell are you," He grunted.

Telryn was fed up. The look on his face made it apparent.

"You don't like each other. You don't get along. We get it," He said firmly, his voice louder than normal, "But the constant bickering, arguing and near fatal fights have to stop, if not for both your wellbeing then for my sanity."

Telryn's furrowed his brow whilst looking at them all.

"Now, poor Ydalon mentioned that fire there," He said, nodding towards where the smoke appeared, "And whilst fire seems to follow us wherever we go, perhaps this time we might try and put it out before it destroys anything more, yes?"

He paused.

"If not, feel free to keep arguing, even kill each other. I'm really not in the mood. I'm going to try and put this fire out and see if I can help."

"Nobles or not, you guys are really starting to piss me off," He growled, before turning his body in the direction of whatever was on fire and jogging off.

Last edited by Ivelliis; 04-23-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #167
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Arrow Secrets that aren't so secret.

Asokil was too busy laughing to really pay attention to Telryn's words. The man's sides were in absolute stitches as Jason spouted his spiel. “I see now that you are either a jester, deluded, or a pathological liar.” Gee, who else had used such a phrase? His eyes hardened, “You're a waste of my time.”

Sniffing at the smoke, and seeing the column of it - it appeared that the local establishment had caught, having been situated besides the stables. 'Whoops'. That, and Asokil caught the last of Telryn's words... “Sorry, chum,” Asokil smiled sweetly, “don't want to dirty my hands with the 'little people'.” Sarcasm was rife in his tone, but absently, he handed a bottle to Nivram, pulling it out of nowhere. It seemed he, just like the rest of the party, did not seem to really give a damn about fire. “For that, my friend, I may even forgive you for my horse,” he muttered.

Meanwhile, Tod witnessed the exchange, and his eyes went wide. A man handing out bottles of drink? What had happened to the world! Shoving past Jason, whose shoulder he gave an almighty push to - anyone, even Jason would stagger from it at the very least slightly, unless they were built like a mountain, with legs like a dwarf and a barrelled chest of cut stone, happened to be a circus strongman and could bend steel poles in their hands, which Jason wasn't - “Sir!” Tod called up to Asokil, bowing slightly, his eyes hungry, “m'lord, I might be of some assistance. The Lady you seek - there was one travelling with this group; kin you say? Were her features as yours? If so, I may be of service, all I ask is to beg m'lord's indulgence...” He looked at the initially full bottle Nivram was no doubt finishing off.

“Isokla, the Blue Lotus. A maiden as fair as any - with hair as silver as the stars themselves, and eyes as blue as the pale skies of mountain peaks...”

“Oh, yes, that was her. But erm, you have black hair, m'lord.”

“Silver is a mark possessed by few in my land. Those descendant of the Dragon hold it.”

“Dragons don't exist...”

“I name the Lady 'The Blue Lotus' and you do not bat an eyelid, but when I make reference to a 'Dragon', you stare? Come now, it is a title, a name. 'Drakenclaw' is another, but 'Dragon' was the petname by which she was known.” Muttering under his breath, he added, “You'll have to do better than that.” Even softer, he grumbled, “No one here has hair dye, I take it.”

Tod grinned, “Your Lady is being held by bandits; I am the hostage exchange, m'lord. In return for my safety, she will be well treated. Er, ...she er, is a Priestess, m'lord.”

“A what?!”

The tavern continued to burn.

“Aye, sir.”

“Great. Bloody prophecies. Here, catch.” He tossed Tod another bottle he had withdrawn out of nowhere.

“Thankee, m'lord.” Tod eyed him, “Might I be of service? Let me ride beside you and I'll tell you all I know... and more, if you wish.” Sidling up to him, Tod offered out his arms, and Asokil pulled the bandit up onto his horse. Tod's arms snaked around the warrior's, and the bandit's cheek pressed against Asokil's. “I take it you do wish it, I am all yours, m'lord.”

Asokil said nothing, but smirked. What was going on here?

Last edited by Calaethis Dragonsbane; 04-23-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Sigs, bane of my RPing life
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #168
Tumbling Teru
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"Maybe not the best place to be, methinks," Vasili murmured to Camilla with a sigh. Shrugging, and still with arms linked, the two turned on their heels and waltzed right back out of the burning establishment. And wandered off. Or something.
Tumbling Teru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #169
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn stormed towards the fire, which had already spread to the tavern. If it wasn't contained quickly it would carry on destroying most of this awful, little, backwards village.

"Grab some buckets, troughs, anything we can use to fill up with water," He bellowed to anyone who would hear.

Arriving at the well, one man was turning the wheel as fast as he could, but clearly out of breath.

"Step aside, sir." Telryn muttered.

The man, half offended half gracious, looked up at the giant of a man and quickly stepped aside. Grasping the wheel Telryn turned, granting his sheer size and strength, a damn sight faster than the man before him. People rushed, bringing to him anything that could be used to carry water to the tavern. The stables were beyond hope, but the tavern could still be saved if they acted quickly.

Pouring bucket after bucket into a trough, he barked orders. To be in control once again...bliss.

"Quicker."

"Not there, the other end."

And then he heard it. A scream. High pitched and from the direction of the tavern, it was clear what was happening. Without having the breath to sigh, Telryn simply thought about sighing.

"Get me a cloth, a rug, a cloak. Something thick and enough to cover me," He shouted, with a young man sprinting off into a nearby cottage before returning with what looked like a floor rug, dirty and ragged but it would do.

Telryn turned the wheel until a pale of water appeared. Pouring it into a trough on the floor, Telryn grabbed the rug from his new helper and doused it in the water.

"You two, get the other end. We lift on three," He barked as two men grabbed the other side of the nearly-full trough, "One two three."

Spilling a few 'drops', the three men heaved the water towards the tavern.

"Get someone on the well, keep filling buckets and keep pouring them on," He ordered as he sidestepped gingerly towards the tavern, "and down."

The trough hit the floor some feet from the blazing tavern. Telryn looked at the building, and realised he didn't have time to think, didn't have time to be afraid of the fire. The worst case scenario was not that he died, but that the innocent person inside died. For some reason, the fire didn't seem as scary anymore.

Lifting the rug out of the trough, he rinsed it slightly before he prepared himself.

"This could end badly," He muttered before throwing the rug over his head and sprinting into the flaming building.

As Telryn stepped through the door, the smoke hit him like a sledgehammer in the face. Spluttering and coughing, his eyes streaming with tears, he looked to the floor before yelling out "Where are you?" A box made of wood and straw was not the most ideal place to be in a fire. Beams holding the upper smouldered, the flames licking around him. Then he heard it. A cough through the roaring of the flames. In front of him, to the right. Pushing through the smoke, his makeshift fireproof blanket just about keeping him safe, he came to find a young woman lying on her side, face black with soot. Bending down to pick her up with both arms, the noise of cracking wood echoed behind him, seeming to last for a lifetime. The doorway, or what was left of it. The roof was caving in, and started with the only viable exit available to Telryn. Spinning on the spot and looking up, Telryn was the last of the support beams collapse into place on the floor of the only exit.

Well, not the only exit.

Telryn grimaced, pulled the cloak further over himself and his rescuee, and turned ninety degrees to face a run up. And a wall.

"Hoo rah." He whispered, before taking off at a sprint towards what seemed to be a solid object. He must be mad. Turning his shoulder at the last minute, he slammed into the wooden panels, already beginning to crumble and weakened by the fire, and literally powered through it. Unfortunately it didn't leave a comedy, Telryn-shaped hole in the wall, but the sheer mass of his bulky figure had left quite a substantial hole in the wall. Shaking the rug off his frame, he laid the rescuee down, crying out for water as he did. Finally being able to see he glanced at the woman he had rescued. She was burnt on the hands and legs, but her face seemed fine, if you call black from the flames fine.
Fire, it seems, isn’t that bad at all.
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #170
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Well, Jason thought to himself, that did not go exactly as planned, although it was a good try. The whole noble bit came to him quite naturally actually. For even though his father had only been a merchant, he had been a wealthy one, and they had lived under the shadow of a mountain. So technically he hadnt been lying. Not really.

And now the stinkin bandit that is really supposed to be a bandit, is trying to make an escape with this prig on a horse while the entire town is going to hell? What was going on?

Jason stared hard at the bandit and the horseman, mainly at the bandit for bumping him in the first place, but also at the horseman for laughing.

I thought 'Dragon' was a title given to ancient warlords, or something very close to it anyway. You must have come from far off indeed to laugh at one who can speak the old tongue,by the way.

He looked to see Telryn burst out of the side of a building. Concern came to his mind, he almost didn't heed its call. Almost. He turned to face the two momentairly before moving off.

Todd. If you run off now? However far you go, no matter whom you sourround yourself with, i will find you. Wait until this fire is out and we can be on our way immediatley, i would not see another fire claim so many lives, not after the last one.

He turned and jogged over to Telryn, offering to take the girl from him so that he may rest a moment before continuing.

Please my friend, dont blow youself out entirely, let me take the girl, sit a moment and rest, the civilians seem to have things well enough in hand.