Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-03-2004, 01:32 AM   #11
spydar

poor poor Mr Brando, last of the legends.
gonna have to go on a Godfather Marathon as tribute.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #12
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

As a young man he also played an excellent Mark Antony in an old black-and-white film of Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar'. He was a great actor, who lived a great life. Next time I'm drinking, I'll drink one to this man!
Old 07-03-2004, 12:41 PM   #13
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
The GodFather is the movie to end all movies.
His and Al Pacino's performances were simply astounding (especially considering the only film anyone had seen Al Pacino in was Panic in Needle Park, if anyone but the auters had been on that film, he probably wouldn't have gotten the role) no doubt, but the movie to end all movies?

Sergio Leone didn't think the script was that good, and he was making an even more ambitious gangster epic that finally came to the Italian screen in 1984 as Once Upon A Time in America, in my personal opinion the gangster film to end all gangster films... Just as Once Upon a Time in the West did the same for the Western...

But the movie to end all movies? No doubt about it, Intolerance...

I'd elaborate but I'm feeling lazy and would rather talk about Brando...

Brando's most significant legacy in my opinion will be in the form of the influence he had on actors of a later generation, including Robert De Niro, who took the method style to an even higher level in such films as Taxi Driver and Raging Bull.

I did see his performance in Julius Caesar, and was blown away. Considering he was anti-theatrical, that he managed to hit the right notes so wonderfully with his performance (especially the beautiful 'honorable man' speech before the crowd) is all the more amazing.

Then there's always The Wild One...

"What are you rebelling against?"

"Waddya got?"
Old 07-03-2004, 04:33 PM   #14
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSlayer25:
LordKathen, do you know where Milton-Freewater, OR is?? we're gathering here to watch the godfather as well.
Why yes, do you know where Tri-Cities is (Kennewick exactly)?Thats where I am. Do you live in M.F.? I used to deliver Sears appliances, and had the WallaWalla/Milton-Freewater route for a couple years. If you had anything delivered from Sears between '98 and '01, I probly did the delivery.
Anyway, cool! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
When are you doing this?