Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2002, 12:31 PM   #11
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Lethal injection is imo the most "human way" to execute. They simply fall asleep and never wake up. But then again, in some cases the person in question may not deserve the right to be treated in a humanly way. I don't think a guy like Jeffrey Dahmer had any pity with his victims either.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:33 PM   #12
Sio

I suppose drowning would be one of the worst ways to go, not including crucifixion though [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know theres always a worse way to go but you gotta admit, drowning would be a bad ass way to go.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:36 PM   #13
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
I suppose drowning would be one of the worst ways to go, not including crucifixion though [img]smile.gif[/img]
I know theres always a worse way to go but you gotta admit, drowning would be a bad ass way to go.
don't remind me - that's why i can't stay in the water for long. have a phobia from nearly drowning twice

Old 09-20-2002, 12:52 PM   #14
Sio

Yeah I knwow hat you mean, I nearly drowned a few times when I was little, never stopped me from swimming in a pool but you'll never see me in the sea again [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2002, 12:53 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
don't remind me - that's why i can't stay in the water for long. have a phobia from nearly drowning twice [/QUOTE]How did that happen ? wanna talk about it ?
Old 09-20-2002, 01:20 PM   #16
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I say let the victims and their families decide what the punishment should be.The State shouldnt have any say in how people who wrong me are treated.Executeing a rapeist is a wonderfull idea and it should be as expiedient as possible, but what about people who because of religious or social beliefs are opposed to the death penalty. Then it becomes like victimizeing someone twice. Once with the rape and again when their belief system tells them its their fault someone got executed.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:24 PM   #17
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
How did that happen ? wanna talk about it ?
1st occasion i was a toddler and nearly drowned in the bath - Mum spotted me and pulleed me out in time. i had nightmares of drowning for 16 years after that

Then, after my brother's ex taught us swimming i ventured into the deep end and panicked. was pulled out by my brother

now i can't even stay in the bath for more than 20-30 munutes

And to think that most of my tentacled buddies are underwater [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-20-2002, 01:29 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
I say let the victims and their families decide what the punishment should be.The State shouldnt have any say in how people who wrong me are treated.Executeing a rapeist is a wonderfull idea and it should be as expiedient as possible, but what about people who because of religious or social beliefs are opposed to the death penalty. Then it becomes like victimizeing someone twice. Once with the rape and again when their belief system tells them its their fault someone got executed.
valid statement, some day the survivor will feel wronged because justice was not carried out, yet at the same time her blieves went against death penalty. so she was trapped either way. the trappings of being a survivor will always be there as long as she has not cultivated these shadows.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:36 PM   #19
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
quote:
valid statement, some day the survivor will feel wronged because justice was not carried out, yet at the same time her blieves went against death penalty. so she was trapped either way. the trappings of being a survivor will always be there as long as she has not cultivated these shadows.[/QUOTE]*do not judge others, lest you be judged thyself*

not all people of religious persuasion WANT to decide someone's punishment. in fact, not all people (period) want to do that

Old 09-20-2002, 01:52 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by 250:
quote:
valid statement, some day the survivor will feel wronged because justice was not carried out, yet at the same time her blieves went against death penalty. so she was trapped either way. the trappings of being a survivor will always be there as long as she has not cultivated these shadows.[/QUOTE]*do not judge others, lest you be judged thyself*

not all people of religious persuasion WANT to decide someone's punishment. in fact, not all people (period) want to do that
[/QUOTE]I think you do... not that I am judgemental