Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-21-2001, 10:45 PM   #31
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

bumpsie

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 11:18 PM   #32
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

The sky was clear and shone with the beauty of a million stars and it was on this night that the darkest evil befell a small village.
There were a few people in this village; most knew each other like family and in the market place that trouble started. The words of one, reached ears of another, but the meaning of the words did not. So stories spread like wild fire, the words of the first twisted by the ears and mouths of others. The words changed, growing darker, their meaning lost, the subject changed, soon they become spoken by others about others and the tension grew.
It was in the inn of this village that the fire became a inferno, when the words fuelled by ale became actions, punches thrown, wounds opened that would never heal and then silence. The sun rose and fell and rose again before any words were spoken, but what once spoken from the heart, of joy and fun was now spoken of the mind, each thing thought out and if repercussions or misunderstandings might be made from them, the words were not spoken.
Soon the village grew quiet, no words were spoken, even between spouses and friends, and the people vanished leaving for fear of saying the wrong thing. The magic of the village was gone, it stands now barren but I didn't see its death, for I was one of the few that left but not in fear of words, but in anger at the silence

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 11:27 PM   #33
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Gabriel, amen to that! Very nice!

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 11:33 PM   #34
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

LadyRae, I sorry to say that I don't think your signature is working, as it appears yo me to be a red cross in a box and not the smiley picture that looks so nice.
Old 03-21-2001, 11:45 PM   #35
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, thanks Gabe. That whole site (my extra downloads page) seems to be inaccessible I hope my using that email account didn't kill their server Darn that 'Evil Email Kharma'!

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-24-2001, 02:49 PM   #36
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

*BUMP*

------------------
Old 03-24-2001, 11:00 PM   #37
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

The woods surrounding the camp were quiet, the shadows of the trees danced in the flicking flame of the campfire. Two figures sat watching the fire, one was squat and it hands never left the sword in his lap, its brown eyes darted into the shadows every few seconds. The other was taller, and its green eyes were staring at a book in it hands. “Gads boy, what do you expect to learn staring at that book all night?”
“It a book on swordplay, it is written by Jon Tailhuffer himself.”
“Bah, he was a halfing, what do they know of fighting.”
“Tailhuffer was only the best halfing swordsman in Lusken.”
“Bah!”
“Well I reading it anyway and when I save your beardless self from another Gnoll with it, you be thankful I did.”
“The only way you save me is when the beast starts laughing at you swinging your sword around like a lunatic.” The small figure muttered.
“Alright you two get some sleep.” A third figure said stirring it self from the place were it had laid. It was Mordin, the groups second in command. He was a human in his late twenty, with a scared face that only highlighted his piecing blue eyes. Mordin was a warrior-priest of Gond and carried numerous useful devices in pockets around and hidden in his armour. “Me and Grosn will keep watch until morning.” With hardy a word in response the two figures lay down and drifted off to sleep.

As the sun rose into the sky, the five figures prepared to leave their camp. They donned their armours and checked their weapons. The tall figure watched his companions in silence; it had been nearly two months since the day he first the met them. When he fought beside them to stop a tribe of orcs who had been attacking nearby village and who had slaughtered his family. Afterwards he had no place to go, so they took him and he became a part of the group but he was no longer the youth they took in. He had developed the harsh orc nature that was his heritage and discovered his gifts. He was gifted with the ability to speak with the dead and the power of a scosser, both gifts from the elven bloodline of his father. “Jadon, are you going to stand there all day, come on.” It was Grosn, he stood just less than eight feet tall, clad in his hand made armour and had his great hammer slung across his back. Grosn was the son of an ogre mage but had turned from the normal course of his people by becoming a druid and now leads this band of adventures. With a nod Jadon picks up his pack and moves to join them.

The sun was just crossing it highest point when they discovered the Gnoll hideout, it was a cave that seemed to rise up out of a flat piece of ground and its entrance had a large iron bound door. “Okay, Jadon and Daris you head around back. Mordin check it for traps and see if you can open it, I watch your back.” Jadon moved out first, moving around to the left of the mound, with a gance over his shoulder he looked at his dwarven companion, he stood just under five feet tall and held a sword in each of his hands. Unlike other of his kind he was clean-shaven, clamming that his gnomish bride like him that way. He was by far the oldest of the group at nearly three hundred winters, and his hair had turn to slivery grey. As they rounded the back of the mound they found it empty and with a joint shrug headed back around. “Nothing back there, you think these dogs would keep better watch!” Daris muttered as they reached the front.
“ It strikes me odd, a mound in a otherwise plain field that has a door, but no guards.” Jadon added.
“Yes, it stinks of magic doesn’t it? I got the door unlocked, not a single trap on it.”
“Okay people, prepare yourselves for anything, if these beast think they don’t need protection they are either stupid or believe that they can handed anything that comes. ” The others of the group fell to the sides of the door as Grosn used the butt of his hammer to open it only to find the dangerous end of a loaded crossbow or five facing him. “Oh….” click

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 03-24-2001).]
Old 03-24-2001, 11:22 PM   #38
The.Relic
Red Dragon

My seeing all these wonderful stories does my old heart good.
PUULLLLEEEEEAAAAAZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEE keep posting them
Smitten by
Old 03-25-2001, 05:28 AM   #39
Sir_Tainly

As Requested by LadyRae, here is my opener for my story now posted in the correct thread.

The wind tore across the barren landscape, raising the dust in little eddies, and the sun bore down relentlessly on the lone, hunched figure, who struggled through the arid land. The man was not in his usually environment, he was far from home but was driven by the desire to to fulfil his duty, and to keep his word. The man was a Paladin, on a quest to seek out a distant evil that threatened his town, his home and his friends. The Paladin, named Sir Tainly, had set out of his quest accompanied by fellow knights of the order, but now only he remained, disease, misfortune and enemy action had taken their savage toll.

The evil he sought was an old mage who dwelt far away from prying eyes, safe in his desert location, but from where he could command his hordes to wreak havoc among the towns and villages of the Vale. Sir Tainly knew this of this location, and that was his one advantage, others hads known but death had been the price of their knowledge. The Paladin had spent months gathering his intelligence, and those that had sought to withhold it from him had paid for their folly in blood.

The mage, in his arrogance had not seen fit to destroy the remaining paladin, beleiving that without his comrades he would be no threat to the mage with powerful dark magics.

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-25-2001, 08:54 AM   #40
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

*sigh* I've always hated short stories because they end once they have 'hooked' me into caring about the characters and storyline.

Give me a 500 page novel anytime! (uh... as long as it's a well-written good story that is)

You all write so well. I'll try to be patient (looks in Sir_Tainly's direction)about finding out 'what happens next'.

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
(Skald, dragon trainer, & member of The Laughing Hyenas)