Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-20-2001, 06:54 PM   #21
sylent
Emerald Dragon

ok, here is a little story I wrote a long time ago (3 years), its sort of a comedy type thing, but maybe some of you will enjoy it...

I first gained consciousness when I was poured into a separate section, away from the other huge pool of burning metal. In the next few days I began to take shape. When I was finished a wooden handle was stuck and glued into my base, not the most pleasant experience. I was then moved to a storage building and left there until I would be taken away.
It was then in that storage building that like all the other axes, I learned to talk. We were all restricted from having a decent conversation because to talk, someone needed to come in and bang us on something. It was very hard to learn, because you had to make a different sound for every different thing you were banged against. I got used to it though, and became a fluent speaker of the great axe speech, which dated back to the very first time an axe was used, many thousands of years ago. I was a proud axe and felt ready to face anything I was thrown at.
The next few days passed in much the same way, the irregular and hard to follow conversation continuing on for as long as a week if necessary. I heard many tales of axes who had done great things in their lifetime, axes who had felled massive trees in a single swing, truly a wonder of strength and craftsmanship. When my time came to be taken to the next storage shed, I felt very excited, hoping to meet one of these such axes. The storage shed was nothing like I had imagined, I had heard so much about it that I built up this picture in my head, it unfortunately didn’t match up to that picture. It turned out that I had just missed an ancient axe who had been taken away to where ever it was that axes went when their time was up.
There were still a lot of axes in the shed and the conversation never stopped. The first few days were the hardest because I was hung by my handle, blade first. This made it hard to do much; I was constantly lightheaded and totally dizzy. After a few days though I got used to it.
The next time a human came in to test take one of us away, he picked me up and banged me against his hand, it was warm, and I felt that I wanted this human to take me away, I was ready to be bashed and bruised to my limits. The human looked at the other axes for a few more minutes before he returned to me and took me to the front desk. When we (the human and I) arrived at his house, he placed me on a hard wood table. On the table there were some foul smelling objects which were neatly arranged in a wooden bowl. I was amazed to see the human and his companion eating these with apparent delight. Whilst they were eating, I thought of how I would really enjoy some fresh wood.
I wasn’t desperate however, I could go for months without a meal if I had to. Once they had finished eating, I was taken to a pile of dead logs. Yuck, and I was expected to eat them, no thanks. I was eager to impress the human though, so I ate the wood. It wasn’t a very good warm up for what was ahead of me. Once I had reluctantly eaten my way through the out of date pile of wood, I moved along to another pile, which much more satisfactory. The next few days passed in much the same way, I even got used to the off smelling food the humans ate. A few weeks later, things were becoming regular and boring, I got into a routine, chop wood, chop wood, chop wood etc.
It came as a surprise when I was thrown into the back of the truck. I wondered what could be going on. I found out about half an hour later. I smelt the forest from about a mile before we actually entered it. The smell was rich and I could only hope I would get to taste some fresh wood. I didn’t get any fresh wood though, because the humans only wanted dead trees. While in the forest I was working with a lot of other axes and it was good to have a chat with them.
When the humans went off for lunch, I just lay there on the ground, and when they drive off without me I just lay there. When what had happened dawned on me I thought I would cry, but before I could, I saw that I wasn’t the only axe to be left behind. For the next few weeks the other axe and myself were just laying there staring at each other. It rained a bit, and I got wet, though it didn’t ease the hunger that had began to grow from deep in my handle.
I could have lasted for another couple of months before I began to rot, though I still felt the need for sap on my face. It was at the end of these two weeks that some other humans came along and found us. I saw right away that these humans were a lot nicer, because the first they bashed me against a tree, the tree they bashed me against was alive! When I had eaten myself past feeling sick, the humans took myself and my new found friend away with them. I then proceeded to live moderately happy, for ever after...

Well thats it... please come back and read it Relic!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF
Old 03-20-2001, 07:34 PM   #22
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I write too as a hobby - anyone remember the Telehan and Phoenix ruby/

Well..........I currently have a web site with a play related to Bg2 and it's er......

OH FORGET IT!!

Nice stories!

PS - Doncha try ta give em the link Melusine!! LOL

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:32 PM   #23
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Sylent! It's good! Inanimate objects are hard to charatorize because they're... well, inanimate. But you pull it off! So, Wah, when do we see one from you???

------------------

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 11:07 PM   #24
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

My tale of how I came to be here, in this inn is a odd one, my friend, but I shall tell you it.
The rain beat down upon me was I watched the raging battle. I never knew how it started as it raged when I came to see the world around me and I thought it would rage still once I had died, yes in the short time I lived I came to much of death, I saw his icy hands take many innocents and felt their blood fall on me much as the rain did. I probably will never knew who the two combaters were or why they were fighting but they made me what I am today. They were mages both and they cared little for those caught up in their little war but I did, so I acted and reached up to them, I took one by surprise, taking him in my arms I threw the mage to the ground and he lay still. The other was more of a challenge and he unleashed fire at me as I approached, the pain was intense, I could feel my self slipping away, but I never gave up and threw myself on top of him, by flaming body smothering his and as I was swallowed by blackness, I felt joy, I stopped them from harming anyone else.
I do not know how long I lay sleeping but I woke to find myself here, and saw people walking around me talking. I began to realise that I was smaller now, that most of my body was gone, I guess it had be dead, but I was re-grown from a piece of me that survived.

Then you came and starting speaking to me Gabe and you know the rest."

[Author note:] This is just something that came to me as a small ideal, and was fleshed out here, it may not be any good but I wanted to share it.

------------------

In the memory of a friend.

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 03-20-2001).]
Old 03-20-2001, 11:50 PM   #25
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Gabriel! Nice word pictures! Can we have more???

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 12:12 AM   #26
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

NO hahahahah!

Well I have one I'm working on but it not ready yet.

[Edited at the request of ladyRea.]

sorry.

[This message has been edited by Gabriel (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 12:18 AM   #27
sylent
Emerald Dragon

I like your story Gabriel!
I would like to see some more too!
I stayed home from school today, and decided to write a little history for my BG2, OHF character "Sylent", it turned out pretty interesting, to make up a story behind the nickname!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Master Thief of the OHF

[This message has been edited by sylent (edited 03-21-2001).]
Old 03-21-2001, 12:33 AM   #28
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Um, Gabriel, could you edit your post and add just a few spaces to your haha's and cure this page of 'Scrolly Post Syndrome'??? This one is too tired to have to scroll back and forth ( and back and forth!) to read... (pretty please???)

------------------
Old 03-21-2001, 12:36 AM   #29
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Sorry LadyRea

Oh and Sorry to everyone else but I alway wanted to do that since I came to this place.
Old 03-21-2001, 12:42 AM   #30
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Gabes, you are a true angel! Thanks!

------------------