Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 10:22 PM   #1
frostgiantsson
Dungeon Master

Advice requested. My main character (and most of my party) are around 16th level at the beginning of chapter VII of BG2. I keep reading about super high level characters (in BG2, and in TOB). Is my level reasonable at this point, or should I be much higher? I do most of the side quests. Any thoughts, on what the appropriate level is, and how to generally reach higher levels at the same point in the game, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:54 PM   #2
fckoln
Dungeon Master

I believe you are fine. I was about the same as you with my first party. Subsequent parties I was a bit higher because I got all the quests (close enough) and did much of it with my char and one or two others. The game IMO is more fun when it is challenging, so as long as your havin' fun...

late
Old 08-15-2001, 12:18 AM   #3
trux

You're fine. You don't have to be max level to do anything in the game, and in some cases it's unrealistic that a character should be insanely powerful.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-16-2001, 02:33 AM   #4
WizWom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

First: no, 16th level is not too bad. You can finish up at that point.

Second: to get more experience, do every quest you can see, explore everything you can, kill all the big nasties you can find. Leave no stone unturned, no nuetral untalked to and no monster living.

Third: It's not that hard to max-out your exp by chaper 7; keep your party as intact as possible, swapping in other characters only for their side quests.

------------------
WizWom - Wandering Kernel of Happiness