Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-19-2001, 12:18 AM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I have a fullproof way of beating demi-Kangaxx at low levels.

See my post "BEST 4-MEMBER-PARTY", that is a couple of pages down. It is very describtive.
Old 02-19-2001, 03:26 AM   #2
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could someone please suggest a strategy for dealing with Kangaxx... he seems easy enough until he keeps screwing me with Imprisonment spells... one after another my party members get imprisoned.. is there no saving throw against this bloody spell. I really need to know how to counter his imprisonment strategy and any suggestions at all that are effective would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Eddith
Old 02-19-2001, 03:32 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1. Invest in a +4 weapon.
2. Get yourself a Protection From Magic scroll at the Adventurers Mart.
Old 02-19-2001, 03:54 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Try to have a character that has the "enrage" ability, like Korgan, since when a character is enraged, he/she is immune to spells like imprisonment. If you don't have +4 or better weapon, try summoning fire elemental to attack, but make sure you have casted protection from magic on it.
Old 02-19-2001, 03:59 AM   #5
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Invest in a +4 weapon?? My paladin is carrying the +5 Holy Avenger, my ranger is carrying the Equalizer in one hand and Daystar (+4 vs. evil) in his other hand.. I have my mage cast protection from magic on some of my guys, I'm trying to land a good Quivering Palm with my monk, all my guys are downing potions of heroism/fortitude/invulnerability/power, etc. and I'm summoning with Monster Summon III, Aerial Servant and Gating in a Pit Fiend. Futhermore my cleric and mage are both buffing the crap out of everybody with protection spells while I'm using Pierce Magic, Lower Resistance, Breach, Secret Word, Holy Word and having my thief lay down about 5 consecutive snares.

Let me tell you.. kicking his ass and doing damage isnt the problem. Resisting damage isnt the problem either. The problem is avoiding his bloody unlimited supply of Imprisonment spells.. the moment he imprisons my Paladin it's curtains.. please tell me a foolproof workaround against that one spell and I know I'll whup his bony butt. I'm also wondering if Hold Undead or Turn Undead may work against him?

Eddith
Old 02-19-2001, 04:25 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You're casting the wrong Protection from Magic spell. There are only 3 Protection from Magic scrolls in the game and one of them is sold at the adventurers mart. It will give your character 100% magic resistance, meaning imprisonment will not affect you.

Alternatively you can buy a Protection from Evil scroll from Adventurers Mart and cast it AFTER kangaxx becomes the demilich.
Old 02-19-2001, 10:30 AM   #7
masteraleph
Elminster

Spoiler:
I don't know that protection from evil works. Protection from undead does, but only cast it after he becomes the demilich (as he will ignore you, preventing him from initiating dialogue if you do it in the normal lich form). Protection from magic (the scroll that you buy from Ribald) works, but not the level whatever mage spell. The one that gives you immunity against one school should also work (I believe that imprisonment is abjuration, but I'm not sure on that one). Also, I don't believe that the equalizer works, and daystar may not either. Crom Fayer, Carsomyr, Sling of Everard (from the bonus cd), Wave Halberd, I think the Vorpal sword, and maybe one or two others. I've heard of the Ring of the Ram working, but I dunno. Also, in theory the cloak of the stars should work, as it creates +5 darts. And wand of wonders works, one of its functions turns guys into stone (which works against Kangaxx, from what I've heard).
Old 02-19-2001, 10:47 AM   #8
dentar

I've beaten him this way: I sent korgan and minsc in for battle being enraged. Then my mages with the cloak of stars(it does work) and melf's minute meteor. the ring of the ram does also work.

Old 02-19-2001, 11:54 AM   #9
Stealth Bomber

If you used all the protection from undead or magic scrolls another solution is to use a mage with spell immunity: abjuration. Then attack with spells after lowering resistance. Chaotic orb is very useful. I turned him to stone and then one hit with staff of Rhynn +4, killed him. Whatever you do, keep all non-protected characters out of sight otherwise he will attack them.