Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 10-19-2002, 05:58 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Isn't there a Holy Avenger in IWD2? If so where how and where do I get it? My Paladin would really like one....
Old 10-19-2002, 07:57 AM   #2
MasterPooBaa
Zhentarim Guard

that depends... is your Paladin worthy???
Old 10-19-2002, 08:52 AM   #3
Magness
Quintesson

Yes there is a Holy Avenger in IWD2.

It's a considerable quest to get it.

***SPOILERS BELOW ***

I'm gonna be a bit vague just in case you don't want the complete how-to manual.

It starts in the Kuldahar graveyard where there's a loose scroll dropped by a priest of Bane (that you have to defeat) that makes a very vague reference to a certain interesting medalion andhow that medallion might be somewhere in Dragon's Eye.

You have to basically clear out the first 3 levels of Dragon's Eye to find this medallion. It's in a well-protected treasure room.

Then you have to take the medallion back to the Kuldahar graveyard and find the proper tombstone. Once you do, the Holy Avenger will rise from the ground like Excalibur rising from the lake. But once it does, so do the 6 slain foes listed in the medallion's description. You have one of the very toughest battles of IWD2 on your hand.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:27 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes I think my Paladin is worthy because, despite our little talk at the beginning of the game, where by my usage of various 4 and 5-letter words I expressed my frustration at her refusing quest rewards - she's been a good Pally thereafter. Im even speculating her appearance on the front cover of "Good Girls of Faerun" magazine. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yes Magness I now know what your talking about, I have both the visions of Hiepherius scroll and the medallion you've just connected them to Kuldahar for me - Thank you
Old 10-19-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I found the scroll I found the medalion. But they dont do anything for me! Do you have to have a certain type of paladin or Cleric with you?
Old 10-19-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Nope, you don't need a Paladin or Cleric in the party. You just have the medallion in your inventory, and walk around the one grave (south section) that has no tombstone. The place gets sealed off and the followers arrive with the sword.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 02:10 AM   #7
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

SON OF A @#$%&! I thought it was the north graves. Im stupid. Thx!