Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2001, 06:41 AM   #11
Darian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmmm, well I don´t have any patches and i gannot check if the romance is active...or i don´t know can I...heh! I have just played the game and that´s it...

where can I get these patches???
Old 10-25-2001, 07:16 AM   #12
Zbyszek

official patch from bioware
[URL=http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/fixes.html]extra patches[\URL]
[URL=http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/]ShadowKeeper[\URL]

Patch, official, and extra for Jaheira. With ShadowKeeper check if GlobalVariable JaheiraRomanceActive is equal to 1 (or change), in Affects
for Jaheira check LoveTalk, make smaller by 2(?) to replay previous dialoge.

Lets hope it will help.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:31 AM   #13
Darian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks, I will try.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:35 AM   #14
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Bokken:
Now that you've mentioned it, what is the hardest romance in the game?

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
Maybe Anomen? Dunno, Viconia's is easy and quick. First half of Aerie romance I had also without any problems (then I kicked her out)
I had the hardest time with Viconia..but then again I was playing a lawful good character at the time

[This message has been edited by Wurm (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 08:30 AM   #15
Ugaya
Manshoon

In my very first game I encountered the same dialogue loop.

I applied the Jaheira patch Zbyszek mentions and reloaded a savegame about one week (game time) old. I just wanted to be sure to fall some romance dialogues back. It worked fine.

If it doesn`t work:
Here is my "cure" for this loop before I learned about the existence of the Jaheira patch.
Use shadowkeeper:
Just to be sure, check the GlobalVariable JaheiraRomanceActive. It must be 1 (you're romancing Jaheira).
Set the GlobalVariable JaheiraRomance to 1 (it should have a pretty high number now). It's a timer, if its value is reached by the internal game timer, the next dialogue should appear.
If you click on Jaheira's portrait (still in shadowkeeper) one of the tabs is called Affects. Open it and look for LOVETALK (it should have a value somewhere near or in the 50s), increase it by one.
That worked for me. After loading the edited savegame the next dialogue popped up immediately.
Some days later, I got really stuck with this romance. I won't describe what happened (it would spoil to much) but this little nasty bug made the game unfinishable.

That was the reason for learning about the Jaheira Patch (stumbled on it by using search engines). I applied it and went back to a savegame before this damned dialogue loop (see 1).

In my recent games - with the patch applied - there were no problems at all. Thus, my general advice: If you want to romance Jaheira, use the patch from Baldurdash.