Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-03-2001, 07:44 AM   #1
Kurtz

I'm looking for the other part of the gesen bow I only have the shaft at the minute and I just can't find any of the items needed to make crom faeyr. I need the gauntlets of ogre strength, the warhammer of thunder bolts +3 and the belt of frost giant strength. Help please!

Also do you get anything interesting off killing Drizzt and his party and the dwarf in the group mentions a missing pink warhammer, do you know where that is too?

Thanks

Old 02-03-2001, 07:50 AM   #2
Armisael

The string you don't get until chapter four, in Spellhold.
The gauntlets are in the planar sphere - Valygar's quest. Find him in Umar Hills.
The warhammer is in a small illithid lair hidden in the temple district sewers. You'll need a key from the Windspear Dungeon to get into it, don't ask me how it got there.
The belt you get in chapter five, in the Kuo Toan lair. There's an altar that asks for an animal sacrifice. If you oblige it and manage to kill the things that appear, you'll find the belt on one of their corpses.

Old 02-03-2001, 07:50 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

SEMI SPOILERS:
Gesen bow string - in the Asylum dungeon. Search all chests and cupboards carefully.
Crom Faeyr - gauntlets - planar sphere. find valygar.
- hammer - mind flayer dungeon in sewers under temple district. you'll need a key from tazok in windspear hills dungeon to enter this.
- girdle of frost giant strength - kuo tua dungeon in underdark, chapter 5
- scroll with hammers true name - umar hills quest. the owner of the scroll is very large and not inclined to part with it at all.

Good luck with it all, come back if u need specifics.
Old 02-03-2001, 10:01 AM   #4
Hagar

I never assembled Crom Faeyr. I found the gauntlets of Ogre Strength in the planar sphere, the hammer in the mind flyyer dungeon in sewers under temple district and the scroll with hammers true name on the Shadow Dragon, but never the girdle of frost giant strength in the kuo tua dungeon in underdark, chapter 5, because I quit with my mageslayer PC before that.
When I visited Cromwell from time to time and let him check my equipment, he said first, you have the scroll, if you find the other three things I can finish Crom Faeyr. The next time He said you have the scroll and the hammer, if you find the other twothings I can finish Crom Faeyr. But I had the gauntlets at that time. First I thought he might not recognize them, because I had them equipped. But even I put them to the scroll and hammer in the backpad, he was still asking for the girdle and the gauntlets. A bug? Or am I still able to assemble it, when I find the girdle?

Old 02-03-2001, 10:02 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

He should be able to recognize everything you have that is a component.
Old 02-03-2001, 10:28 AM   #6
Hagar

But why is he still asking for the gauntlets, even when I have them?
Maybe I find out with my new PC.

Old 02-03-2001, 03:02 PM   #7
Kurtz

Err. Oh well
I have the key to the illithids lair under the temple district.. But I dont have anything else apart from the instructions to build it, and guess what!I've been through spellhold and the underdark and managed to miss everything down there(I must have been wandering around blind!).. Is there any chance that I can get back there?

Old 02-03-2001, 04:00 PM   #8
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

No i don't think you can although i never tried (didn'tlike it
but you can always cheat the part in the game
Old 02-03-2001, 04:59 PM   #9
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I went back in the same way I went out. Meaning go back to where you came out of the cave and met Elhan (I think that was his name) because I lost a bunch of stuff down there and thought I'd look. Turned out lots of people have lost stuff down there. Even went back to the Drow city. They attacked me so I killed a few and left