Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-12-2003, 04:15 PM   #1
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

the original thread is here

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

Brought to you by,
Lady Blue, offical waitress and music entertainment provider [img]graemlins/music05.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:19 PM   #3
mysticelt
Drow Warrior

New Cafe?

Must be some football games over soon!
Old 10-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

First post! That's my second first post ever! [img]graemlins/dance2.gif[/img] WOOHOO! Time for a party!!

EDIT: [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] I never get the fun! Mysticelt, you spoiled it all!!

[ 10-12-2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: Link ]
Old 10-12-2003, 04:27 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

mysticelt you have two same posts...delete one...

I am going to bed now... [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #6
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

OH SHITE!! I forgot about football!!!! Must go see my Broncos! *runs*

Ah wonderful, theyre down 3-0 to the damn Steelers in the 1st quarter....*groans*
Old 10-12-2003, 04:50 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Plenty of time left for Denver to pull back [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

And as for sports... I'd better go update my rugby thread...
Old 10-12-2003, 05:08 PM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
This is most unusual. Cloudy's Cafe being opened by one who is not Cloudy herself? Well I guess it's ok considering the location of the particular individuals head, particularly the fact that her head has been in the clouds as of late. Still unusual though.

Oh yeah, after dusting out my computer and dusting its fans it stopped making that irritating buzzing noise. However, I once again cannot get the disk clean-up to function. It gets stuck on Compress old files again. I know there's some serious issues here. I disabled all powersaver options and cut off the screen saver. Left it on all night with the disk clean up supposedly running. Woke up the next day to find it exactly as I left it. Grrr... Any suggested fixes, or should I save to cd whatever I want to keep and reinstall windows yet again?

[ 10-12-2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-12-2003, 05:13 PM   #9
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

It's not unusual dude, a very select few have been given the privilege of opening the cafe other than Cloudy herself. Needless to say, I am not one of them [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2003, 05:20 PM   #10
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I can make cafes cause Cloudy herself deemed me an offical waitress. Last I checked the only ones who could make one besides her were Nessy and I. That could have changed by now of course, seeing as Nessy has been...absent

WOOT! Denver got a touchdown! ugh, but Steelers kicked a field goal, so now its 7-6 Broncos....sucvh a good game