Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-02-2001, 09:07 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, i need help with my multi game... perhaps i should start at the front

okay, when i try to join the game, my computer just locks up. i have the correct IP, but it still locks up. all people have the correct version, and the settings are exactly the same. so after we got tired of that, i tried to create. didnt even get to load the game, as when i clicked 'load game' it locked up yet again. a few flickers, then the HD went dead...

i was wondering if any of you have any help for us. im willing to do anything, except smash my computer into tiny little bits with a sledge hammer. any help is appreciated.

EDIT: forgot to mention that i have WinME
------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart

[This message has been edited by SSJ4Sephiroth (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 09:09 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Seph, reboot and close all instant message programs, then if that's a problem still, check all players for firewall conflicts. Also be sure you are all running on same settings (cache etc).

Cloudy, Major lover of multiplaying

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-02-2001, 09:13 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx Cloudy.
We have 450 cache size, and TOTSC, and my firewall is diabled, I think. Yeah, it is. It's so frustrating.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of Jerome, The Fallen Paladin
Honored Friend of the Warrior SSJ4Sephiroth, and the Arch-Mage Jafin
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 10-02-2001, 09:14 PM   #4
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sephiroth, had trouble last night connecting in a multi game too. Turned out I needed to set my status on my firewall, ZoneAlarm, to low, then I was able to play. And yeah, as CB says, rebooting is always a great option when in doubt, just for the heck of it, you never know, may help. Also, as CB says, cache setting all being set to to the same number makes a difference too, plus if you are playing BGII, make sure yall got the latest patch!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 10-02-2001).]
Old 10-02-2001, 09:16 PM   #5
Lioness
Jack Burton

Thanx Lady Z, we're playing BG1 actually.

------------------

Lil' Angel
Sword Saint and Enchantress of the HADB Clan
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Bestest Mate of the Cyan Knight
Lady of Jerome, The Fallen Paladin
Honored Friend of the Warrior SSJ4Sephiroth, and the Arch-Mage Jafin
PeaceKeeping Force, Intelligence Division
Old 10-02-2001, 09:18 PM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BG1 is particular about instant message programs, I found that out he hard way! Also it hates Roger Wilco, so if any of you has it, delete/uninstall it. Be sure you have the IDENTICAL patches and reboot and try again.

Up the cache a little Lioness if you need to. But be sure you are all on same settings.

Cloudy

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-02-2001, 09:24 PM   #7
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
BG1 is particular about instant message programs, I found that out he hard way! Also it hates Roger Wilco, so if any of you has it, delete/uninstall it. Be sure you have the IDENTICAL patches and reboot and try again.

Up the cache a little Lioness if you need to. But be sure you are all on same settings.

Cloudy

but... doesnt TotSC automatically install Roger Wilco?

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-02-2001, 09:34 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
but... doesnt TotSC automatically install Roger Wilco?
Not that I know of. I had it on my system separately and when I deleted it, all was well! First time I ever hooked up to play BG1, so I'm sure that was the problem.

CB

------------------

CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 10-02-2001, 09:36 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ok then... i must relay these findings to the others. to the Brain Mobile! *Batman theme song comes on, only with Batman replaced by Brainman*

------------------

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-02-2001, 09:42 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well of course, without knowing more details, I can only guess at what may be the problem. I still think a patch version may be involved. If nothing in the end works out, why don't yall just play BGI, TOTSC, with DSOTSC(TeamBG add on). If yall want to do it, just ERASE BG1 (move any chars you may want to keep into another file away from BG files), erase BG1 completely, all of it, go into Windows Explorer to make sure all is gone. THEN, install things in this order, and ALL of you will be good to go on multi:

Here is the order in which you need to install things:

1. Install BG1 (obviously that's 5 CDs). Install anyway you want, Full, Custom, whatever, makes no difference. I had to do "Full" cause it said that I did not have enough room on my PC to do the "Custom" (which makes it so you don't have to keep switching CDs). Bilqis told me that her comp said she had no room either for Custom, but she installed it anyway, and it works, so go figure on that one.

2. Next install Tales of The Sword Coast disc (just one disc as you obviously know).

3. Now you gotta install a patch for Tales of the Sword Coast. Go to this website:
http://www/3dupdates.com/patches/baldursgatet.html
Choose the one, Primary or whatever, for the U.S. Basically you want the 5512 patch.

4. Now you want to download the TeamBG's Dark Side addy. Go to this website for that:
www.dsotsc.com/index/shtml
Remember once you download it, you also have to install it, maybe more than once, can't remember, just remembered when I did it I thought I had it installed already, but there was one more step apparently doh. Either way, you will know you have it when you get an icon on your desktop, the installer Icon it will be, and install it there.

5. Lastly, to connect in a multiplayer game with this, you have to put on this DirectX patchy, here is the website:
http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/...files/patches/

Well, I know, is a lot of work there, but well worth it I promise you

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 10-02-2001).]