Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-13-2015, 01:39 AM   #1
Aerich
Lord Ao

Sunglass Man Does the Dale draw you in again? [IWD/HoW]

Because it draws me in. After a loooong hiatus filled with interesting life events, I am ready to plan another party and adventure again. I have two fundamental issues to decide:

1) Do I play Heart of Fury mode from the beginning or ease into it by playing on a different difficulty level? and

2) Party Style - do I include single classes(pally and bard) or do I leap right in with a caster-heavy party similar to my last long-ago HoF run (F/Ill, R/C, F/D, F/D, F/M/T, and M/C)?

Your thoughts are appreciated
Old 04-05-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Does the Dale draw you in again? [IWD/HoW]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerich View Post
Because it draws me in. After a loooong hiatus filled with interesting life events, I am ready to plan another party and adventure again. I have two fundamental issues to decide:

1) Do I play Heart of Fury mode from the beginning or ease into it by playing on a different difficulty level? and

2) Party Style - do I include single classes(pally and bard) or do I leap right in with a caster-heavy party similar to my last long-ago HoF run (F/Ill, R/C, F/D, F/D, F/M/T, and M/C)?

Your thoughts are appreciated
I know this is a bit old, but here is some advice:

1) How long ago was your last game? You've played HoF game before, so you should know what to expect

2) Unless you're looking for a challenge, Pally is a no-no for HoF. Bard is useful for his WCoS.
Old 07-03-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
I know this is a bit old, but here is some advice:

1) How long ago was your last game? You've played HoF game before, so you should know what to expect

2) Unless you're looking for a challenge, Pally is a no-no for HoF. Bard is useful for his WCoS.
Why is Paladin a no-go?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorick View Post
Why is Paladin a no-go?
In general, given the insane amount of XP in HoF, a single class character will max out too fast. Towards the end of the game, a Paladin would be weaker than a Fighter/X.