Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-05-2002, 09:21 PM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Ladies and Gentlemen this is my "once in a blue moon" soapbox moment.

Neither you all nor I have any right what-so-ever to label someone a hypocrite. Face the facts, there isn't a single living adult on this planet who can say they've never been self-contradictory. Okay so there are a VERY select few, but you can count them all on one hand and none of them are in this forum. Why are you looking for the sawdust in Bush's eye when you have a 4x4 sticking out of yours? Thank you for your time and patience.

P.S. Yes I do realise that I too have been hypocritical; there are no justifiable excuses. We may all choose to rationalize, but all we will come out with are rational lies.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-06-2002, 01:05 AM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Ladies and Gentlemen this is my "once in a blue moon" soapbox moment.

Neither you all nor I have any right what-so-ever to label someone a hypocrite. Face the facts, there isn't a single living adult on this planet who can say they've never been self-contradictory. Okay so there are a VERY select few, but you can count them all on one hand and none of them are in this forum. Why are you looking for the sawdust in Bush's eye when you have a 4x4 sticking out of yours? Thank you for your time and patience.

P.S. Yes I do realise that I too have been hypocritical; there are no justifiable excuses. We may all choose to rationalize, but all we will come out with are rational lies.
Not everyone is a hypocrite all the time. It's fair to call someone a hypocrite at the time of hypocrisy. I mean what's the point of the word otherwise? Why have it if no-one can use it?

It's not like we're stoning him.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-06-2002, 01:21 AM   #13
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Well its all really silly if you think about it,looking at it from a realistic point of view..

I mean come on, what are the chances of the Hussien reigme to conduct it fairly? Or the Bush adminastraition for that mater. Both sides wold have assasians all over the place.

Oh my god, listen to our selfs. We are actaully talking about Bush and Hussien duking it out.

And hey, that whole thing about the liberals isnt true! I mean, think about...Well theres...Hmm..Well none spring to mind right away but I am sure there are some [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 10-06-2002, 01:30 AM   #14
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Yorick there are many words in existance that are better off not used, but that is beside the point. You obviously only read the part that said we have no right to call Bush a hypocrite. All you have managed to do with your post is rationalies... err.. um.. I mean rationalize. Also, I did not say they are always hypocrites; I said no one can claim that they have never been hypocritical.

P.S. happy Dundee?

[ 10-06-2002, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 10-06-2002, 01:37 AM   #15
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ladies and gentlemen, please debate the issue nicely and not attack each other personally.

Firestormalpha, please take back your PS statement( aka remove it). [img]smile.gif[/img]

ADD] Thank you, Firestormalpha.

[ 10-06-2002, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 10-06-2002, 02:04 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Yorick there are many words in existance that are better off not used, but that is beside the point. You obviously only read the part that said we have no right to call Bush a hypocrite. All you have managed to do with your post is rationalies... err.. um.. I mean rationalize. Also, I did not say they are always hypocrites; I said no one can claim that they have never been hypocritical.

P.S. happy Dundee?
Calling someone a hypocrite when they are being hypocritical is not an implication of blamelessness. Neither is calling someone a liar when they are caught out.

It can be a helpful wakeup call to the person concerned.

Anyway what's your issue here? You're disagreeing just for the point of it, it seems. Bush is applying double standards and practicing hypocrisy by calling on people to die for his goal of removing Saddam and Saddam alone, and then not even taking seriously an opportunity to remove him without war. Or he's lying about the 'regime change' goal.

If that's the case then it's "Ave Julius Bush. Et tu America? Then fall another republic."

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 10-06-2002, 05:55 AM   #17
skywalker
Banned User

I say it's a damn good thing there are liberals to keep the conservatives in check. I would really like to know when liberal became a dirty word.

mark
Old 10-06-2002, 06:20 AM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
To get back at that supposed duel, what did the Iraqi's have in mind ? What kind of duel are we talking about here ? A pistol duel ? Maybe a swordfight ? A boxingmatch ? WHAT ?
Old 10-06-2002, 07:43 AM   #19
norompanlasolas

mark, they changed the subject because it hurts them to admit that their president is, in the end, a bloody coward.

edit: oh, and i clarify that i think most, if not all, presidents are cowards, since none would be willing to risk their precious lives for their country. they are more than willing to risk others, of course.

[ 10-06-2002, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]
Old 10-06-2002, 07:52 AM   #20
norompanlasolas

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Id love to bring dueling back..however there would be many many fewer liberals around. I am really at one with my .357.
anybody is brave with a gun. get into it barehanded and there we can see who can take it and who cant. there would be many many fewer conservatives around i tell you.