Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 10:27 AM   #161
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
Ziroc:

DiabloRex already mentioned this, but I'd like to lend my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]

Cafe Press offers a service where they will imprint merchandise (shirts, caps, boxers, coffee mugs, mousepads, etc) with your artwork and logo. They will handle the orders on their site, handle the transactions through credit cards, Paypal, and checks and money orders. They produce and ship on demand, so IW wouldn't get hit with inventory costs or large orders. They will drop ship the order to the client for you. You sit back and get a check monthly. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] TRUE, they get a base fee for the merchadise, but YOU get to set the retail price, YOU choose your markup. They charge you about $15.00 for a shirt, and the site gets a profit of 2-3 dollars apiece.
The quality is top-notch. I've order mugs and shirts through them before, from some of my favorite sites. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I'd definately look into it...
Awesome! I'll look into the site--Bookmarked it right away! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you!!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 05-09-2002, 10:30 AM   #162
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by DiabloRex:
tssh thank you Rudedawg, and here I else got the feeling I was utter and totally ignored
I saw your post, I remembered it when I saw him remind me of it! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks for the help! It may be a killer idea!!!

You are not being ignored Diablodude! [img]smile.gif[/img] We love ya!!!

Old 05-09-2002, 10:41 AM   #163
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Epona, I think Aelia was using sarcasm...
I hope so Grojlach. I have to admit I have completely lost my sense of humour concerning this issue.[/QUOTE]Epster, calm down!! Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I understood what you were saying, but this isn't anything to loose sleep over All those 'gold' ideas and Avatar ideas are dead.

See, I wanted to ask EVERYONE what I should do. Since you all are what drives this Great Forum, it's up to you pretty much! I was looking for ideas, and came up with some myself (ones I have seen OTHER sites do) but personally didn't like them--yet, I wanted to throw out the idea..

I respect each and everyones opinion here--this doesn't mean I will agree with them all, but I still respect them.

Now gimmie a HUG dammit! [img]graemlins/bighug.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2002, 10:45 AM   #164
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

See, I wanted to ask EVERYONE what I should do. Since you all are what drives this Great Forum, it's up to you pretty much! I was looking for ideas, and came up with some myself (ones I have seen OTHER sites do) but personally didn't like them--yet, I wanted to throw out the idea..
I think you've certainly got a lot of stuff here that you can work on. Some really creative ideas!

Quote:
I respect each and everyones opinion here--this doesn't mean I will agree with them all, but I still respect them.
This is what we're all about, isn't it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
I'll go one better... [img]graemlins/kissy2.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2002, 10:53 AM   #165
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Epster, calm down!! Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I understood what you were saying, but this isn't anything to loose sleep over All those 'gold' ideas and Avatar ideas are dead.

Epster!! LOL, LOL, that's a new one, I like it!
It's OK Dan, I feel pretty chilled now And no I'm not drunk [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think it's great that you ask for opinions and let people speak up about stuff [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks mate, and of course you get a hug!
Old 05-09-2002, 10:58 AM   #166
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] *points and giggles* MEMSY KISSED ZIROC! MEMSY KISSED ZIROC... TEEHEE

Oh what the heck.. BIG OLD GROUP HUG AND [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

I love that merchandise idea, Z! Choc mugs would be popular in my house! HEHE... well, so would the IW logo! PSSSSST! Can we see a sneak peek of it when you finish the new version?
Old 05-09-2002, 11:15 AM   #167
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] *points and giggles* MEMSY KISSED ZIROC! MEMSY KISSED ZIROC... TEEHEE

Oh what the heck.. BIG OLD GROUP HUG AND [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]

I love that merchandise idea, Z! Choc mugs would be popular in my house! HEHE... well, so would the IW logo! PSSSSST! Can we see a sneak peek of it when you finish the new version?
Choc's a Star! hehe wild!

Sure thing, as soon as I finish the Logo, I'll post, as well as update the Forum logo too!

This new logo is TOTALLY different than any other you have seen before--I am designing it in a 3D Modeling program, and it'll have a really cool look to it.. nothing TOO flash though, but it will be different!

Old 05-09-2002, 11:24 AM   #168
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Can't wait to see it! That sounds wild! Well, maybe not as wild as the Chocnut, but still pretty neat!

Choc is gorgeous! He's gotta be on something! I'd even put him on a coaster! OOOH..now Choc on a mousepad...that would be FUN!!!!!
Old 05-09-2002, 11:37 AM   #169
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:

I understand that I am in the minority on this issue and I support any decision Ziroc makes. I also understand - and respect - the opposing viewpoints that have been voiced, I just disagree with them.
You me and Galadria and a few others

Old 05-09-2002, 11:40 AM   #170
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
A two-tiered system would DESTROY Ironworks. Can you see some of the teens asking thier parents for money to donate to a website so they could have a better "avatar"? Can you see someone having to explain to thier wife/husband they have to pay $10/month or even a year to be a "full" member. Thats why there are so many objections Cerek. Elitism sucks, we dont need it here. I dont mean this as a flame Cerek, just posting my postition on the issue
Im not saying you are wrong here....I just do not understand why it is called "elitism" to let people who are comitted financially to have personalized avatars?? They get no special powers or rights or access to special places....just a picture.

EDIT: Gratitude and /or appreciation would seem to apply more properly to me....

[ 05-09-2002, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]