Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-08-2002, 09:03 PM   #1
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Alright, Basically me and a couple of close freinds are going to play a new mothod of AD&D that i thought of,(if its been used b4, i didnt know about it)We all figure out what our stats are. When i say this i mean OUR stats, as in i will be roleplaying myself in the forgotten realms! Anyway i need help figuring out some tests to figure out stats!

All I have so far is

Strength - Fight out your max press and round down.

I need ideas! Its gonna be cool though. Thx for time, BTW what does IMO mean?
Old 03-08-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

IMO => "In my opinion." [img]smile.gif[/img]

Interesting idea...I assume you are playing PnP and not LARP? Could be fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 03-08-2002, 09:23 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Heh The closest thing I ever came to playing AD&D was BattleTech... yup
I remember the good ol' days of making up battle strategies and giving them names and stuff all over the hexagon-proded city tech, desert tech, and whatevertech maps [img]tongue.gif[/img] We;d like rent out the floor of a gym and use it all day long... those were WARS ill tell ya...

Im sure ADnD is pretty much the same... well good luck to ya [img]tongue.gif[/img]
*doesn't really know what he's talking about, can ya tell?*
Old 03-08-2002, 09:32 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

How about using relative things ??

Like jumping over a hurdle a few times, whoever does it the easiest has highest Dex.

And reducing constitution for things like poor diet, smoking, and sitting in front of the comp all day long (I would get mine deducted alot... passive smoker (and hating it [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), not the healthiest diet, and well... I think Saz knows how much im on IW, from an incident a couple of months ago... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Also, for intelligance... maybe have a teacher or someone set a general knowledge quiz for u (marked out of 18)... and have that be your intelligance stat...
Old 03-08-2002, 09:47 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ok: if you're using the 3-18 point system for your stats, then the median attribute value would be (3 + 18)/2 or 10.5. So 10 and 11 are considered to be "median" values.

Intellect would be fairly easy to figure out. Take your IQ, subtract 100, and divide the result by 15. I'd use the following table:

ResultINT Score
-0.3 to 0
0 to 0.3
0.3 to 0.7
0.7 to 1.1
1.1 to 1.5
1.5 to 1.8
1.8 to 2.2
2.2 to 2.6
2.6 or above

Example: If you have an IQ of 125, your score would be 125-100 = 25, divided by 15 = 1.67. Looking at the table, this would indicate that you would have a AD&D intellect score of 15.

I'll see if I can come up with some others like this.

Cheers,

[ 03-08-2002: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 03-08-2002, 10:17 PM   #6
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Thanks 4 all the ideas guys, keep 'em coming!
Old 03-09-2002, 12:30 AM   #7
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well constitution would be fun [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Just have a bundy comp.... whoever downs the most before they all come back up has the highest constitution [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] that sounds like fun!!
Old 03-09-2002, 12:33 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wisdom would have to be the hardest one to test though... there isnt much that can test common sense....
Old 03-09-2002, 12:57 AM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
Wisdom would have to be the hardest one to test though... there isnt much that can test common sense....

Yes there is... put them in a room with only a table and chair, leave no instructions...

Old 03-09-2002, 04:12 AM   #10
GEEK
The Magister

If you use perception then you can use a Where is Waldo book or something. If you have no clue to what I am talking about just skip on to the next one.

Charisma should be a combo of looks (if not useing comliness) and leadership abilities.

Dex? Go and play one of those games at the arcade where you hit the critter on the head when he pops up (it is more of a young childs game so you may have to look for it). Average the scores from about 5-10 games and go from there.

Wis? See how you spend your money. What to you make a prioity? Rent or a new comp. game. Electric bill or a new gameing book. Just an idea.

Str? will be the easiest, so you can figure that out.

Int? use the IQ test post that sounded like a good idea.

Con? one of the previous posts covered that well.