Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-25-2001, 08:14 AM   #1
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

I'm sorry, but I have been reading so many negative statements about anomen, its getting to me. I played with Anomen and he was a great tank character. He's possibly the best cleric in the game (and I include Jaheira in that assessment) and he's also a hell of a fighter. His hit points alone make him tougher than all the other clerics and combine that with his arsenal of defence spells.. the guy rocks. And for those who complain about his conversation, might I add that if you didn't behave badly, he wouldn't moan. Once you get a high rep he stops complaining...

BTW, if Anomen fails his test and goes mental, what specials does he get?
Old 06-25-2001, 08:23 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

The ability to be a greater pain in the ass and to attack random party members. Everything Anomen can do Jahiera can do better.

------------------
"So why should I worship you Tiax?"
"Well Sigmar, I am Tiax the chosen one of Cyric, destined to ascend, I shall rule all!"
"Do you know you have a duck on your head?"
"Duck what duck......ahhhhhhhh!"

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 08:24 AM   #3
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
I'm sorry, but I have been reading so many negative statements about anomen, its getting to me. I played with Anomen and he was a great tank character. He's possibly the best cleric in the game (and I include Jaheira in that assessment) and he's also a hell of a fighter. His hit points alone make him tougher than all the other clerics and combine that with his arsenal of defence spells.. the guy rocks. And for those who complain about his conversation, might I add that if you didn't behave badly, he wouldn't moan. Once you get a high rep he stops complaining...

BTW, if Anomen fails his test and goes mental, what specials does he get?
Wrong. He complains and moans when you try to help some poor unfortunate. The stuck up little s**t feels such things are beneath him and THOSE WERE HIS WORDS!!! - you want an example? go help the guy prematurely buried in the Graveyard and listen to his c**p
In addition, if the Order does not accept him, the self-popmppous little c*** tries to murder other PCs in the party
Anomen makes good chunks though

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 06-25-2001).]

Old 06-25-2001, 08:30 AM   #4
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Ahh, but when he passes his test he stops complaining 'cos he's a better person. Anyway, my point is still valid, he's a great cleric and fighter. BTW, the only way Jaheira could be better is with magical items, that up her from strength 15 to 18/00. Note how tough Anomen is.... Overall, minus weapons etc, I reckon that Anomen is the better buy...
Old 06-25-2001, 09:10 AM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

i have both anomen and jaheira. i think both are great. i keep the party rep between 11 and 14 (mostly because anything higher and minsc just won't stop talking about how proud boo is of us. i love minsc to death, but shouting the same thing non-stop gets a little old.)
we are a good party. we have done the graveyard and all of its quests. the only thing anomen does is remark how well the group is turning out.

lord shield: i am a little surprised. you ruin a man's ambitions, destroy his life and then are surprised when he exacts revenge?

ah well. that's something i find fascinating. we are playing the same game, but
our experiences are radically different.

V***V

Old 06-25-2001, 09:28 AM   #6
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Anomen gets my vote. There are very few NPC's that have such a good balance between fighting and magical skills, true, Jaheira does have the better clerical magic but she can't fight like he can. Providing you're playing a good party and your rep is high enough he does nothing but express his "pleasure in the way this ill-conceived group is turning out". Allow him to cast holy smite on himself and he can mix it up with the best of them.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:38 AM   #7
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Nahh, prefer blade barrier myself, he can really go to town then. Also, turn undead + sunray in one hit, see those vampires fly etc. Also, very early on Anomen gets skeleton warrior rather than skeletons, as well as getting the ever useful aerial servant. I know Jaheira has summon insect/plague etc. but I still prefer Anomen, he never dies unfortunately on me.

Saying that I am currently playing an evil group, lead by an evil monk, tres amusing...
Old 06-25-2001, 09:42 AM   #8
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
Ahh, but when he passes his test he stops complaining 'cos he's a better person. Anyway, my point is still valid, he's a great cleric and fighter. BTW, the only way Jaheira could be better is with magical items, that up her from strength 15 to 18/00. Note how tough Anomen is.... Overall, minus weapons etc, I reckon that Anomen is the better buy...
I do have something that ups her strength to 18/00, and with a +1 Scimitar and with numerous bonus enchantments I yank out courtesy of herself and my lovely mage, she kicks ass. Jaheria gets my vote.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:01 AM   #9
Graccus
Dungeon Master

IMO, Anomen is a self righteous, whining, twit. That said, I've kept him in my party since early in Chap. 2 because he has such a good mix of fighting/clerical abilities. Jaheira was a better fighter for me, at least until I equipped Anomen with Crom Faeyr.

------------------
Windows Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.
Old 06-25-2001, 10:07 AM   #10
Graccus
Dungeon Master

Ack, I cut the last part of my post off. Oh, well. Jaheira and Anomen actually complement each other quite well. One is a better fighter and has a samller selection of somewhat more useful spells, but also has less HP. The other has the most hit points of any NPC I've seen, and gets more powerful spells later in the game.

------------------
Windows Haiku:
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.