Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 10:08 AM   #11
Fulant
Dungeon Master

Anomen is way way way better than that *&%!!# Jahiera!!! Once he passes his test he settels down nicely. I have him weild double maces. He has a low dex so I gave him gauntlets of Dex with his armor he is AC-6. He is ++++ in mace and + in two weapon style. I plan to increase these in ToB, when i get it. His THAC0 is 3 and 5 i think. although these are no where near as low as my fighters its getting there and in four or five more levels (in ToB)he will be a very deadly weopon indeed (not saying he is not now) SO LEAVE HIM ALONE! How could anybody in thier right mind pice that %^&#@ Jaheria over Anomen? Remember that &*(%$ Jaheria is a harper and they would love to see you DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! remember?
Old 06-25-2001, 10:36 AM   #12
merc widowmaker
Dungeon Master

I was also once anti Anomen but since I've been playing a lawful good party and had him knited, I have no complaints. He and Keldorn work well together.
My Party:
John the Redeemer (Paladin)
Keldorn
Valygar
Anomen
Nalia
Yoshimo (to be replaced by Imoen)

I usualy played the an evil party using Vicona, Korgan and Edwin, but I have been having a great time with these goodie two shoes !
The two paladins wield T-H-Swords, Helbards and longbows, valygar deulwields katanas, Anomen use flail and shield, and Nalia and Yoshimo/Imoen have got short bows.

My usual tactic is: Valygar hides in shadows and scouts (looking for spellcasters is his primary target, Anomen follows after and tanked up draws the enemie into melee. That leaves the rest of the group armed with bows to either take on the foe from a distance (disrupting spellcasters) or the 2 paladins to close for melle ... Most encounters end before the paladins close

------------------

Nobody tells me what to do, not even me !
Old 06-25-2001, 10:40 AM   #13
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Fulant:
Remember that &*(%$ Jaheria is a harper and they would love to see you DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! remember?
And that's a problem? I LOVE butchering harpers - such an easy source of XP
Besides, we spend a good portion of our life playing silly computer games. Who says we're IN a right state of mind?

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 06-25-2001).]

Old 06-25-2001, 11:30 AM   #14
Gustave
The Magister

Anomen is my second most used NPC after Minsc! Whenever I have a good aligned party, guess who's there? Anomen. My rep is a 17 right now(and Boo is proud!) and I haven't heard Anomen complain since he took his Test.
Old 06-25-2001, 11:04 PM   #15
Alaric
Manshoon

Anomen is self-righteous and complains alot but he still is one of my favorite characters. I have him in the front line with my Cavalier. I have him cast Draw Upon Holy Might or Righteous Magic and he becomes one lean mean fighting machine.

Sigmar, I have to disagree with you. There is one thing that Anomen can do that Jaheria could never come close to. Can Jaheria destroy a lich in one round. Well Anomen can. His turn undead ability at higher levels is a great skill to have. We ran into a lich while completing the quests in the Umar Hills and Anomen obliterated the lich with his turn undead ability. Furthermore, when we had to confront Bodhi the second time, he took out a room full of vampire all by himself. Can Jaheria do that, I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jaheria is great in her own way. My main character is currently in a romance with her and I enjoy having her in my party but Anomen also has been a great help to my party.