Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 03:03 AM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: What were you're favorite morning cartoons as a kid?

My faves:

- Thundercats
- He-Man (and She-Ra of course!)
- Tarzan
- and how could I leave off the Transformers!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #32
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Does anyone remember a British TV show back in the day called "Knightmare?" It was practically a D&D session made into a show, where players competed in a virtual dungeon with a helmet that acted as a blindfold. The player was put in a green-screen studio and guided around by his friends, as computer graphics and props brought the dungeon to life on their (and our) screens. It was really an innovative show for its time, with amazing actors who we're all basically RPing the entire time. And this was before RPing was even around in the sense that we know it and was also amidst the D&D controversy of the 80's. Anyways, even the Dungeon Master was awesome and always in-character. Usually, they were a bunch of British nerds with glasses that competed but there was nothing like it at the time, and the computer graphics were considered state of the art, lol. For any who are unsure, the opening theme tune may refresh your memory.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #33
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

- SPIDER

That is all.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #34
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Can't remember actually watching cartoons in the morning. On schooldays i was always reading comics during breakfast, and in the weekends i went outside to play football with my friends as soon as i got some clothes on.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #35
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Any of you watch the anime cartoons that dominated the screens, such as Pokemon, Zoids, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, Dragonball Z etc? Steadily got worse over the years
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #36
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Zoids wasn't too bad. Yu-Gi-Oh, was so-so. Digimon should never have been made. DBZ was awesome.... when I was in middle school. Pokemon was great when I was younger. I kinda grew out of it. Still enjoy the games, though. Possibly one of the worst anime-ish programs I have ever seen is Spider Riders. Maybe we should start a seperate thread about the worst and best anime programs of all time?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #37
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

They're still making new series of Pokemon.

And when you look back on these cartoons, there are so many inuendos... I always thought those shows had been so innocent... But no, they've all turned into anime pron.

A new thread for anime? Sounds like a plan
Old 03-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #38
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

If you think anime is loaded with inuendo, rewatch old disney movies, and I think Looney Toons are also supposed to have a lot of things you wouldn't catch as a kid.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:53 PM   #39
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Yes, Disney is quite bad in that respect. But I didn't know about Looney Toons...
Old 03-20-2011, 05:36 PM   #40
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Does anyone remember a British TV show back in the day called "Knightmare?" It was practically a D&D session made into a show, where players competed in a virtual dungeon with a helmet that acted as a blindfold. The player was put in a green-screen studio and guided around by his friends, as computer graphics and props brought the dungeon to life on their (and our) screens. It was really an innovative show for its time, with amazing actors who we're all basically RPing the entire time. And this was before RPing was even around in the sense that we know it and was also amidst the D&D controversy of the 80's. Anyways, even the Dungeon Master was awesome and always in-character. Usually, they were a bunch of British nerds with glasses that competed but there was nothing like it at the time, and the computer graphics were considered state of the art, lol. For any who are unsure, the opening theme tune may refresh your memory.

How did I miss this post? Knightmare was AWESOME. Genuinely years ahead of its time. And also, took no prisoners with the grotty little kids who were on it. I think in it's 5-6 year run about 4 or 5 teams actually won anything. Looking back, the graphics were awful and the script was worse. But for its day, Knightmare was insanely brilliant. I probably have a lot of my love for high-fantasy to thank for it.