Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-01-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm stuck in the skull castle. I've made through most of the castle but I'm stuck at a large jump. According to a guide I've got I need to pull a switch to make platforms raise or lower then make a humungus jump on to a '3rd' platform to a central pillar, but I cannot make this jump (31 tries so far )
Any body got an easier way??
Old 03-01-2005, 11:15 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

How are you "jumping"?? Describe your technique.

For jumping I have my characters look up slightly and then we run forward and hit the UP arrow as we come to the edge. Have never had any difficulty jumping the Skull Castle missing bridge sections (just one section).

You might try using VANISH - save save save first!

In some places the chains that support the bridge seem to hang down. I seem to recall someone climbing the chains. Never did it myself, but worth a try.

Hope that helps!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:01 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You should never have to jump more than 1 missing section. If you have 2 missing sections then you have one of your levers set wrong and need to go back to the levers and switch them until you only have one missing section for the portion of the bridge you are trying to cross.

This bridge puzzle is NOT as complicated as it appears to be - Once I changed the levers in one area so that I could cross a section of the bridge, I never had to go back to previous levers again. Not sure if that makes sense. You find levers in groups of three - and placed where you can see the bridge while standing next to the levers. Switch a lever and see what it does - if it makes it possible for you to move into a new area (only one missing section at most) - visit the new area and leave the levers you were just adjusting alone. You do not need to go back to them after visiting another area and other levers. Hope that is clearer.

Wyv

Have been trying to post this additional reply for 5 minutes! Glad to finally get it posted!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #4
Paulos66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,
thanks wyvern I was trying to jump 2 sections. My technique is run forwards whilst looking down to judge the ledge then hit jump as late as possible. I'll try your suggestion and get back to you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

AH! Well that would be your problem then! 2 missing sections is too much!

Hope you get your sections arranged so you're only trying to jump one, then you should have no difficulties!

Do let us know how it turns out!!

Wyv
Old 03-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Each jump has three platforms, and you can make it through with just the middle platforms. You need to time your jump well, but it can be done.

I've also found it beneficial to keep the shift, arrow, and jump keys down for the entire jump. It feels like it helps you jump longer, although I've never really tested it.

There's a solution to the puzzle in the Best Tips thread that explains how to do them all. I usually never have enough patience...

And the benefit to looking up is that if you fall a bit short, you might still be able to climb up the rest of the way. If you're looking down, you can't...

One final thought... Mama Hissy's advice is always worthwhile on this one. Save early and save often. I generally save after every successful jump. Few things are more frustrating than falling down on the last jump... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yep!

Save!!

Save!!

Save!!

YOu can never save too often!
Old 03-02-2005, 03:37 AM   #8
Radek
Red Dragon

Arrrrgh! The drawbridges in the Skull Castle! I count them to the most hated devices in the game! They even best the carousel in Collasium [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

You can bypass the nonsense completely here is how:

1. Get all parts of the bridges back down by all levers "down".
2. Jump into the water and swim to the bridge (which is now down) leading to the north.
3. Jump on the bridge. It's possible. Swim to the bottom of the basin and orient yourself "diagonally up" to the bridge. Swim "forward". You will get out of the water and "jump" above the water level slightly. It's enough to get on the bridge.
4. Go to a chain near the exit from the bridge and "jump-run" it. Therefore, look up, press the "run" and "forward" keystrokes and, now, press the "jump" keystroke repeatedly. You will climb the chain. Leave the chain once you reach the exit above you. It needs a bit of skill but it is not too difficult.
5. Now, you are in the north part of the dungeon. Go to the levers there and click all three of them. All parts of the drawbridge will go up. Your problems will be gone [img]smile.gif[/img]