Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2004, 04:10 PM   #1
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

So, I was thinking the other day:

-What happened to tan M&Ms?
-What happened to those other two Twix flavors?

Anybody got some answers?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

They fell down a hole and died...No, they probably just weren't successful in the trial runs. That happens a lot with food companies...they try limited releases with new products, and if they aren't successful, then they are nixxed.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 09-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

When they changed the caliber of the plain M&M's, they found that tan just wasn't as efficient a casing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, they did away with tan and one other color and added the colors chosen by consumers in a contest of some sort a few years ago, didn't they? Seems like that is how the blue M&M's came about.

My guess on the other flavors of Twix is that they just didn't sell enough. If they do still make them, they must not be popular enough to make it into your market, or mine for that matter.

Remember Zero bars? The outside on the inside, and the inside on the outside candy bar? I always loved those, but I haven't seen one in years.

[ 09-13-2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 09-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
That's true! There used to be dark and light brown m&ms, now only dark... how curious! I have to say I don't love the black and white m&ms they have now. The white ones just look like when you suck a normal one and all the colour comes off. Yick!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:41 PM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I could look into it for ya. One of my close friends is into the candy buisness. She work for Nestle. I love it when she lets me try all the new candy bars coming out.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:37 PM   #6
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Knock it off! You're all making me hungry!
Old 09-13-2004, 05:55 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You know what I liked? The Oreo cereals... Chemical and sugary, but so good... [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's a shame they didn't become more sucessfull...
Old 09-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

And Coo-kie Crisps! MMMMMM....
Old 09-13-2004, 07:28 PM   #9
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
When they changed the caliber of the plain M&M's, they found that tan just wasn't as efficient a casing. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, they did away with tan and one other color and added the colors chosen by consumers in a contest of some sort a few years ago, didn't they? Seems like that is how the blue M&M's came about.

My guess on the other flavors of Twix is that they just didn't sell enough. If they do still make them, they must not be popular enough to make it into your market, or mine for that matter.

Remember Zero bars? The outside on the inside, and the inside on the outside candy bar? I always loved those, but I haven't seen one in years.
Zero's have made a big comeback here in Arkansas I love them, yummy....
Old 09-13-2004, 08:18 PM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Someone bought the whole lot and ate it all.