Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

View Poll Results: Has anyone ever tried to pick up/chat up your girlfriend/wife in public?
Yes 47 72.31%
No 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2003, 02:08 PM   #31
quietman1920

Be near by with a fresh drink for the both of you. And think up snappy comebacks that will get her laughing about it aferwards...
Old 07-14-2003, 02:30 PM   #32
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Honestly no ones ever tried it around me. If they did, my response would vary in parallel with my gf's response. If she got pissed, I would firmly insure that the scum lost his ability to reproduce either through blunt confrontation with my foot, or some less pleasant and equally less likely method. If she didn't care then I would wait and see what happens.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 07-14-2003, 02:55 PM   #33
Animal
Gold Dragon

Make an example out of the guy who was hitting on her. Really take your time, and work this guy over good. Nothing says, "mind your own business," like a good beating. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 05:01 PM   #34
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

It's all part of the price ticket for having a desirable girl on your arm.

Here's the best way to handle it IMHO, without being an a$$.

Introducing yourself to anyone talking to your date is perfectly within the realm of good manners and will throw off all but the most persistent interlopers. When you introduce yourself politely, make sure to look them directly in the eye and give a firm handshake. Start by asking them polite questions about themselves. Once the focus of the conversation has been directed toward you and him, gently break it off with another handshake and a fond farewell.

This is of course, assuming your date doesn't mind and wants you to help her out. She might get a bit upset if you dominate and terminate a conversation without her consent.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:35 PM   #35
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

well, I'll tell you all a bit what we do overhere. When a guy or a girl start to have a gf or a bf and they really love each other. They will wear a ring to show that they have been taken. so another person might think twice before trying to flirt with them.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:41 PM   #36
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
well, I'll tell you all a bit what we do overhere. When a guy or a girl start to have a gf or a bf and they really love each other. They will wear a ring to show that they have been taken. so another person might think twice before trying to flirt with them.
Some will see that as a challenge. It's a sport, see ?
Old 07-14-2003, 06:21 PM   #37
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
It's all part of the price ticket for having a desirable girl on your arm.
Too true. We would not have these problems if we didn't seek the girls guys actually *want*. Are we secure enough to handle it?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 08:29 PM   #38
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

im just glad some others went for ''kick the crap out of him''
Old 07-15-2003, 03:37 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Some will see that as a challenge. It's a sport, see ? [/QUOTE]Damn right. Particularly here in OZ, and if the stakes are high enough.

Old 07-15-2003, 04:09 AM   #40
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

If I trust my girlfriend I don't care about it.

But if the guy know she's taken and still try to flirt with her I'll dislike him.