Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-06-2000, 09:15 AM   #1
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I am one of those poor lost souls stuck with only 3 monkey idols (+ the snake). I have found the monkeys, one in the room behind the kitchen, one in one of the 6 lever rooms (5th room reading left to right when facing them), and one was carried by an athletic monkey. I have checked back through the posts, and found 2 that say they found one idol in the 6 rooms and 2 that say they found two idols. I have repeated the 6 rooms from a previous save, and still find only the one idol in the same room. Does anyone have any suggestions for me, did anyone find idols anywhere else?

The other problem (fortunately non-critical) I have with this game (that I haven't seen posted by anyone else) - it has damn near a 100% crash rate whenever I try to exit after playing. Haven't had any crashes while playing, but also haven't had one successful exit to windows. If I exit from the town to the menu, wait for the hard disk to settle, ALT TAB to windows, and then CTRL ALT DEL a cople of times to end the program "Deep6", I can sometimes avoid hitting the reset button. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any assistance you can offer.
Old 11-06-2000, 09:50 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

This is just a stab in the dark because I really don't remember for certain. Did you find the secret passage that is opened by pressing the button in the middle of the torture room's fire pit? (the button is IN the fire) I've played the Serpent Temple twice and only found 1 monkey idol in the 6 room area, never two. Hope this helps.
Wyv
Old 11-07-2000, 02:06 AM   #3
Keelmonstr

i had same problem and found solution here. anyway, the kitchen room has two secrets--a skull button and a regular round button. try both of these. kharma.

Old 11-07-2000, 07:01 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Thanks Wyvern and Keelmonstr for the assist, the aggravating simian was in the chest accessed from the lift area in the kitchen. It's annoying, I found the other lift last night when playing with the 6 doors - I should have spotted the same orange spot on the map in the kitchen (DOH!!). Played with the button in the fire - get an almost endless stream of attackers whenever I press it(great experience builder), but no obvious new ramp (looked within a 3 room radius) - button certainly sounds like its moving something. Anyway, have the wand and the book, time to slice me some Naga.
Old 11-08-2000, 01:55 PM   #5
CowHunter
Welcomed New User

Yes when you press that button in the fire altar there should open one secret passage.
It's location is in the roof.
There are slides among the wall in that room and roof openes above one.
Just climb in and find one treasure chest.
Hope this helped you.