Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Kell Swiftsword
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I am finally nearing the climax (no pun intended) of the Jaheria romance. Unfortuantely I'm about to face Irenicus in the elven city, so my time is short. Do I leave the city in an attempt to let the romance run its course, or press on into ToB where it will hopefully continue?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:31 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

The romance wont culminate in ToB until you've totally developed it in SoA.

I suggest you take a deep breath, march yourself back to Ahm and spend your days terrorising civilians/molesting evildoers until the romance is played out.

Then (and only then) feel free to experience the wonder of ToB in a romance
Old 07-01-2003, 07:47 PM   #3
Phez
Welcomed New User

Shame there's only one romance to choose from... would have been interesting to have a jealous spat going on it the party [img]tongue.gif[/img]

------------

Hail to the Bunny Baby!
Phez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

the romance will continue in ToB if you've finished it in SoA
To do so you have to achieve the final stage BEFORE facing Bodhi.
With Jaheira's romance this is especially difficult as it is extremely long (in playing time) and very buggy.
If an old man showed up and presented Jaheira with something nice
you should be on the safe side to face Bodhi then. If not wait or check the lovetalk variables. If you have already faced Bodhi your only possibility is to alter some global variables if you want the game to continue romance in ToB.

Check out the Romancing guides at sorcerers.net for more information. They are quite resourceful in most matters.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:32 AM   #5
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Phez:
Shame there's only one romance to choose from... would have been interesting to have a jealous spat going on it the party [img]tongue.gif[/img]

------------

Hail to the Bunny Baby!
Actually there's four romances Jaheria, Aerie, Viconia and Anomen. And you can have jealous cat fighting between them although eventually you have to chose one person.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:50 AM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

Well, you can only have a cat fight between the females. If you're romancing Anomen (only as a lady that is) he'll have you all for his own. With the ladies however there are quite a few party interactions, jealousy and additional quests even.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:59 AM   #7
Jan

"additional quests even"

Never heard of that. What kind of quests?
Old 07-02-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
Jan

On the other hand. Maybe you shouldn't spoil it for the other members (however, I'm still interested).
Old 07-02-2003, 09:05 AM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

ROMANCE SPOILERS DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED
Well if your romancing Anomen you find out later if Saerk killed his father and there's a little quest about that that you would not get if you weren't romancing him. Also Viconia is attacked by a drow and a demon.

Edit: Good point Jan but I've put spoiler tags so it should be okay.

[ 07-02-2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Zarr ]
Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 AM   #10
Jan

Ok thanks.

Hmm I'll check Faceman's link at home tonight (not allowed to download stuff at work).