Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 04:48 PM   #1
kafiend

Having problems with Jaheira. She will NOT SHUT UP. Every couple of steps she makes her commentry about wasting time and not tolerating it. Getting to the stage where i will beat her to death if she`s not careful. Its making the game unplayable. BTW i have tried answering hew in every single combination that there is to no avail. what is the soloution b4 i leave her as a smear within a dungeon and urinate on it to wash every trace of her away.

Old 11-20-2000, 10:35 PM   #2
Larry

I saw a sound download for anyone who hated Jaheira on "Team BG", and it is to be given to another party member, who, when has it, says mean things to jaheira all the time, like how he is going to introduce her to the business end of his sword and stuff. Very funny file!!

Old 11-21-2000, 12:19 AM   #3
Larr2

Is it so odd to find a talkitive woman that doesn't let you get your work done?

Old 11-21-2000, 04:09 AM   #4
kafiend

I know about changing sound sets. When I said about Jaheira going on and on it was not a joke.. Its like a BUG, not just annoying. Literally she is in a loop, making a commentry over and over. I`m at the stage now where I cannot play the game unless I kick her out of the party and I don`t want to do that cos she`s one of my fave characters. I wanted to know if anyone elso had a similar problem and if they`d fixed it.

Old 11-21-2000, 04:43 AM   #5
Armisael

Ah, I get it. Is it one of the romance dialogues? Try turning the romance off with CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraMatch","GLOBAL",0). Otherwise I'll need more information.

Old 11-21-2000, 06:26 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

I know what you mean. I got this same thing at one stage after I'd been standing around for a while. It kept happening as long as I stayed in the one spot. Try doing the bolt across the map and fighting or talking or something. Anything that stops conversations from npcs. leave the map if you have too. Moving solved it for me.
Old 11-21-2000, 04:40 PM   #7
Thore-UndeadHunter

Man, I CAN NOT STAND Jaheira or Minsc. I got sooo tired of hearing Jaheira complain all the time, not to mention her stupid curse, and the trap that she led me into, that I ended up dumping her in favor of the Dwarf with crossbow, can't remember his name at the moment, I am sooo glad that I dumped her, no more complaining and my group is stronger than ever now. I also got tired of Minsc and his STUPID comments, I dumped him also in favor of the Cleric from the Copper Corenet, can't remember his name either, I dumped him also, because he wanted me to murder someone and my team seemed to all hate me after I took his quest. Also have dumped that evil girl that I saved from getting burned, since she took my popularity points down. Also the Dwarf - Berserker that I picked up in the Copper Coronet, got killed in combat, so I just dumped his body in the Copper Coronet and it has been lying there for like forever. I do have 6 members and do not plan on dumping any of these members, I now have my party the way I like it, my group is pretty hard to beat right now. Sorry that I could not provide you with any names, I do know who is on my team, I just do not really pay attention to their names as much as I should I guess. I have also turned down a few more people that have wanted to join me. I love this game though, I am very obsessed with it, right now I am almost done with Chapter 2.