Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-25-2004, 01:51 AM   #11
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek the Barbaric:
A coworker whose son just graduated from a college with a degree in computer engineering thinks it's a virus - maybe a "Sasser" virus. I get "kicked off" the internet if I'm not active for more than a few minutes. In fact, it kicked me off while I was typing this message.

I know now that it is NOT a problem with BGII, because my wife was trying to play a game of Scrabble and it did the exact same thing.

After each crash and reboot, I get a popup window that says "The system has recovered from a serious error".

So now I'm more convinced it has something to do with what was done at the PC store - so I'm going to be more insistent that they find the problem and FIX it.
You did re install Windows, right?

If not chances are good that's your problem. Even though XP can sometimes handle a motherboard swap, it is far and few between. If you're running 98 or ME and did a mobo (motherboard) upgrade without a clean install of your OS, I'm surprised you got it to boot at all.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:02 AM   #12
Har'oloth
Manshoon

could you have a virus
maybe netsky or a other variant of it!
try AVG 7.0 professional