Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 06:40 AM   #1
bladedog
Dungeon Master

Letter

Gutted!!! That is the only work I can think of to use.

Using Flame's mod I put together a party including a Lord as I was determined to do, and using advice from here I made him a Rawulf and equiped him with mace/flail weapons so I could eventually equip with Anguish.

Well its taken me a while to get there (wanted to get him casting Magic Screen first to ward off the Warlock's and Samurai's) but I finally arrived, despatched the Lava Lord and.............. boo hoo Anguish is restricted by race!!!! I really wish I had looked at that before, as I've never had anyone with enough mace/flail skill to use it before and now I have but he's too small (at least thats what I assume since its limited to Dracon, Lizardman, Mook, Umpani).

Oh well, back to swords I guess, more damage and more swings. At least the Lord armour from the temple is everything I hoped it would be. I don't remember the last time I had to heal him, because any wounds that do get passed the armour are usually healed before the combat ends.
bladedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
TobyWan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wonder if you could use an editor and change the race. Does anyone know?
TobyWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
babar
Manshoon

In Flame mod 2 it's usable by humans. I didn't bother with it since it requires 2 hands. But you're right about the armor, they guy was tricked out like he's the Knight of Diamonds.
babar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:17 PM   #4
Sinteuil
The Magister

I had exactly the same thing happen to me my first time through using the mod. You can either use an editor to change your lord's race, or try using mad god's editor to change the race restrictions on the weapon. It's definitely worth a try just to see what sort of havoc you can wreak on those templars! I'd also highly recommend the Monk Staff, especially if you've got an insanely fast and strong monk...
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:03 PM   #5
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, use Mad God's editor it's simply amazing. Here's the link to his site.

http://www.angelfire.com/magic2/madgod/
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #6
TobyWan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I downloaded the editor. Impressive. But I only see how to edit 9 items, not saved games.

How do you edit your current characters?
TobyWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:03 PM   #7
Sinteuil
The Magister

You'll need a savegame editor for that. There are a couple listed on Samurai Jack's website at:

http://www.geocities.com/grieversnr/

You can also quite definitely use mad god's editor to change the race restrictions on Anguish, so your Rawulf could use it.

If you use a savegame editor, be careful not to enter any of the inventory screens unless your savegame characters are not currently holding any modded items. Otherwise, it'll probably crash the editor...

[ 05-18-2005, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: Sinteuil ]
Sinteuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 10:07 PM   #8
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, Sinteuil is right. The editor will crash because it doesn't recognise the modded items. So the simple solution is as he suggests, put them into the Party inventory first.

[ 05-18-2005, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Krull ]
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote