Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 07:22 PM   #31
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Geezo Moni !!
Where was this? Amityville? cripes sakes...
I am even getting chills here...

LOL! I got major chills reading your first post!

The house is in Kings Mills, Ohio.
1535 King Ave. to be exact.
It is the last house in town before the street drops down a huge wood-surrounded hill into part of the Little Miami River valley.
Right across the river is a Civil War Era building that used to be a Peter's Cartridge Co. They manufactured weapons and cartridges.
There has been a lot of Satanic worship go on in those old buildings too and if you ever go into them at night (which I did ONCE LOL), you can feel the ghosts of all the men killed in explosions there and I even got the impression of gargoyles sitting up in the beams looking down on us.
People still practice Satanic worship there and in the surrounding woods. It is not uncommon to come across dead chickens or skinned dogs on the town-side of the river where old coke ovens still stand in the woods from the Peter's Cartridge Co. days.
I told a friend of mine from High School some of these stories recently in AIM when he told me he gets spooked everytime he passes our old house...now he knows why LOL. He says knowing has only made it even scarier.

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-16-2001).]

Old 10-16-2001, 07:43 PM   #32
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Brrr, Moni! Eeeeeeek! I'd've left home!

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.
Old 10-16-2001, 07:53 PM   #33
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Moni, Neb and Deiter Leafblade...
This is exactly what I wanted to see here in this thread...some nice creepy
stuff. It's great when a plan gels isn't it Fljotsdale?

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:01 PM   #34
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I've been wondering, how many, if any, of these stories are fictional and which are from people's or their familymembers's experiences?
Old 10-16-2001, 09:21 PM   #35
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Well the first story of mine is true. The second was told to me by a teacher so I don't know for sure. The third happened to me.

------------------

Old 10-16-2001, 09:35 PM   #36
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Brrr, Moni! Eeeeeeek! I'd've left home!

I did. I left there when I was 15 and had the legal say to demand that I not live with my mother anymore. I moved back into my dad's house.

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
I've been wondering, how many, if any, of these stories are fictional and which are from people's or their familymembers's experiences?
My stories are true as far as I know. I mean, I don't know if my sister and mom lied (which they could have) but I saw the dead bees and the experiences I said I had there are true.
I also saw the burned out hole in the kitchen floor where the table had been when a friend of mine and I went into the empty house to "party" out of the rain when we had no place else to go.
It was strange to see, just a big burned out hole in the center of the kitchen floor in a rectangluar shape, the size of the table that had been there.

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-16-2001).]

Old 10-17-2001, 09:16 AM   #37
Epona
Zartan

Things that go BUMP in the night (yeah, bad joke, I know).

These stories are great! I don't have one myself, but I like reading all of these!

Wulfere: I always find it amusing that to US citizens a mid 19th Century house is considered old. My parents live in a house nearly that age, and to us it's a fairly modern cottage, nothing special. 17th century or earlier, now that WOULD be old! Interesting how differently these things are viewed depending on what you are used to - near to my parents cottage is the foundation of a Roman temple dating from 1st century AD, and up on the hill is an 11th century church, still with visible frescoes on the walls, which puts it in a different perspective. Great story.

Moni: Know what you mean about the munitions place. Also near my parents house (a lot of interesting stuff round there!!) is a gunpowder mill - or rather the ruins of it. Several people lost their lives due to explosions while grinding the powder, and the building was blown up eventually. It's a very quiet place, in a wood by a stream (for the watermill) and all overgrown, but sometimes you can imagine the footsteps and the voices of those who worked there....
I used to play there a lot when I was a kid.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-17-2001, 12:59 PM   #38
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Epona... True enough. The house I live in was built in 1931. It would be almost brand new in Europe. I hope some day to get over there and see some of the places my family came from. I still have relatives living in the house my Grand Mother lived in before coming to the USA in 1921. I can't imagion living next to roman ruins. To me they would be an almost magical place.

------------------

Old 10-17-2001, 01:12 PM   #39
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wulfere:
Epona... True enough. The house I live in was built in 1931. It would be almost brand new in Europe. I hope some day to get over there and see some of the places my family came from. I still have relatives living in the house my Grand Mother lived in before coming to the USA in 1921. I can't imagion living next to roman ruins. To me they would be an almost magical place.

I loved the place where I grew up. It really did seem out in the wilds, although was only about 7 miles from town, so still handy for the cinema and shopping! Absolutely beautiful countryside, with woods and hills, lakes nearby, bright green in the spring and orange/yellow in the autumn. And so many interesting things around, some of which I described already. Many magical places, some old, some new.

Where in Europe did your family originate if you don't mind me asking?
My brother managed to trace our family back to 1530! Lived in England for all that time, although we now have branches of the family in Australia, Canada, Scotland and Ireland.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-17-2001, 01:17 PM   #40
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Where in Europe did your family originate if you don't mind me asking?
My brother managed to trace our family back to 1530! Lived in England for all that time, although we now have branches of the family in Australia, Canada, Scotland and Ireland.

That's really interesting, Epona. I come from Germany originally! Who would've thought it....

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB