Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-03-2001, 09:31 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Viewing the entire History of Clans on our forum, from the very first on created by Rikard, until the most recent, I have a few observations, if I may, and would like equal input from your perspective.
Some people think that the Clan discussions may be spam, or wasted time.
Some people wanna be in a clan, but not to fight anyone.
Some people claim that their clan is created for NWN, and this time on the forum is a get-to-know-your-allies-before-NWN time.

My input is this.
Since this is a game forum, in is original purpose, game-minded people are bound to wander in.
We have a General discussion forum because of the great amount of international relationships built.
We want to know and interact with one another, and thus become a family, of sorts in our little cyber-world.
I view a clan war as an opportunity to band together with some frineds, and interact in a game-fashioned general discussion.
Therefore, the General Discussion forum has birthed a half-game, half-discussion entity.
I love to interact, and play the part of a character in defense of my pretend temple and feel threatened by attacks.
I have actually made closer friends because of it.
I now am close friends with Avatar.
Also SSJ4, who belongs to another clan.
I have sent a personal e-mail to Killing Spree, congratulating her on her expert role-playing ability and wonderful creativity.
I tell my wife about it all, and she is even excited that I am having so much fun being the Secretary and recently self-proclaimed commander of the war/peace efforts of the ALSB. She watches me type and sometimes even participates by giving me suggetions!
I love being a member of Ironworks, just because I can now more personally interact with each of you.
And I want to thank the management for allowing such fun.

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-03-2001, 09:45 PM   #2
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Your right about makeing friends with the clan wars Larry

KFA forever! (lol yeah that was corny but I couldn't think of anything at the moment.)

------------------
Offical Bartender Of KFA

Free drinks to all you ALSB guys *grins*
Old 10-03-2001, 09:53 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deiter Leafblade:
Your right about makeing friends with the clan wars Larry

KFA forever! (lol yeah that was corny but I couldn't think of anything at the moment.)

Thank you! I am hoping that everyone will see it that way.
I feel that to belong in a clan first gets you a head start on making friends with your clansmen.
Then, if you are a good sport, the interaction between rivals will be a good way to meet the rest of the people.
There is no political debates of Real life that seem to always end with hurt feelings. It is a make believe story, and if played right, an lead to some wonderful, creative fun. I have been looking foward to testing my writing abilities.
This is my chance!
I was going to do it with Wah, the Arch-Lich, but he is unavailable at the moment....

------------------

---------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 09:57 PM   #4
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

I know what you mean bud

------------------
Offical Bartender Of KFA

Free drinks to all you ALSB guys *grins*
Old 10-03-2001, 10:02 PM   #5
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi Larry,

From what I've seen, those belonging to active clans certainly seem to have a lot of fun and bond quickly. As an outsider, I always find it amusing to watch the plot as it unfolds.

About clans being geared towards NWN: that's partly why I didn't dare to approach any of the active clans (not sure if I can commit at this point to gaming in the future) and anyway, I'm not sure if I would fit into any

Anyway, I do find Ironworks a very interesting place to hang around (the diversity of topics is impressive), and hope it stays that way.

Old 10-03-2001, 10:05 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
[i]

About clans being geared towards NWN: that's partly why I didn't dare to approach any of the active clans (not sure if I can commit at this point to gaming in the future) and anyway, I'm not sure if I would fit into any

[/B]
You may have heard Avatar mention that our ALSB has nothing to do with NWN.
I believe the Old Coots clan may be too old to be alive by the time NWN comes to stores...

------------------

---------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 10:12 PM   #7
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
You may have heard Avatar mention that our ALSB has nothing to do with NWN.
I believe the Old Coots clan may be too old to be alive by the time NWN comes to stores...

[/B]
I didn't realise ALSB has nothing to do with NWN... so it's simply protecting poor Aerie then?

Yeah, OLD COOTS clan sounded pretty fun but I guess everyone has their own commitments and there hasn't been much activity there of late.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:20 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

there are two catgories of "Clan War"

one is the pretense war. it is out of every participants' imaginations. it is ROLE PLAYING. this should be encouraged!

another "Clan War" is the personal attack exchanged between clan members. which is very silly.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:24 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
there are two catgories of "Clan War"

one is the pretense war. it is out of every participants' imaginations. it is ROLE PLAYING. this should be encouraged!

another "Clan War" is the personal attack exchanged between clan members. which is very silly.

You are right.
I should have realized that in my first statement.
Some people have no imagination and do not participate well.
These are they that actually get offended by a post, rather than make a story from it, and respond accordingly.
I mean, I am having loads of fun reading the intricate story plot of the ALSB vs HADB.
Who would have thought that we would gain the friendship of SSJ4?
Who could have foreseen our peace agreement with HADB?
Man, that is some good stuff!

------------------

---------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 10:56 PM   #10
Desuma_Malevois

Let me just say that I am having a lot of fun roleplaying on the KFA vs. ALSB thread(s), and I hope that those participating are too. I say this because I've been getting some baaaad vibes from a few that I HOPE are just roleplaying My wife, too, has been enjoying reading our little interchanges - actually, she's been ROTFL for most of it.

... although I'm not a clan member, I "just" run a restaurant

(BTW, Larry, I sent you an e-mail before I read this thread and, while it touches on some of what is being discussed here, I would still appreciate your input).

Mike

------------------
Proprieter of IW's finest dining establishment, KFA (a.k.a. Kentucky Fried Avariel). It's finger lickin' good!!