Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-11-2001, 12:23 PM   #321
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
So that's why ABC News was interviewing him. I couldn't figure out why he was on the air. I didn't figure he was a consultant or anything.

Are you serious or just (obviously) yankin' my chain!?? *weak *

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-11-2001, 12:24 PM   #322
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
true, true...But I have to wonder if these individuals would have REALLY used our movies and books to get ideas. It was just the most tactical approach to what they had decided to do. God help them if they are ever caught! My husband is worried that if they declare war and re-active units that he'll be called in, but right now, my Mother and I are ready to take up arms OURSELVES to get these guys. Of course, she and I were both raised in military families, so we tend to want to go to the defense. I've said for years that I don't care if they want women on the front lines or not - if the fighting hits home, they'll get women on the front lines!!!!! And I'll be the first!

I think that this act is something that has been planned for a while, way before the Tom Clancy book. For this to be pulled off with such precision, it had to be well funded, and planned.

And yes, God help them WHEN we find out, and catch, who is responsible.

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:26 PM   #323
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelofDeath:
I think that this act is something that has been planned for a while, way before the Tom Clancy book. For this to be pulled off with such precision, it had to be well funded, and planned.

And yes, God help them WHEN we find out, and catch, who is responsible.
I agree. And, yeah - WHEN, I've got to have faith that we WILL find out who really did this.

------------------

Old 09-11-2001, 12:28 PM   #324
trux

this is disturbing. though i'm back at school in southern virginia, i live in d.c. and can't get in touch with my parents, friends, anyone. i hope they're alright.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 09-11-2001, 12:30 PM   #325
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:
this is disturbing. though i'm back at school in southern virginia, i live in d.c. and can't get in touch with my parents, friends, anyone. i hope they're alright.

I'm sure the reason is, because of the use of phone lines for emergency, as here in NYC. Keep the faith!!

------------------
Old 09-11-2001, 12:30 PM   #326
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Are you serious or just (obviously) yankin' my chain!?? *weak *

Seriously. I've been swtiching the channel between ABC and CNN. I was pretty sure that ABC was the one that was interviewing him, but I half-tuned in to the conversation, but I know I read his name on the bottom scrolling. You know the "interviewing Tom Clancy" sort of thing.

Old 09-11-2001, 12:31 PM   #327
Lifetime
Red Dragon

This can't be a form of political terrorism..As everyone else has said, this only strengthens the resolve of the American people..
I saw the Palestines celebrating on TV..a sight to make blood boil.
When I saw the towers it was like watching a scene from Armageddon in real life..its horrifying, and the deed was done with nothing but raw hatred and evil intent. No writer would ever write something like this on such a scale, it just issint believeable that ANYONE would be able to take over so many planes and crash them into major government facilities.
And whats the deal with TWO DAMN PLANES into the WTC? Its like shooting a dead horse to make sure its dead! Its just sick!
I say go to war with whichever damned nation that did this and wipe their cities off the map..

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-11-2001, 12:33 PM   #328
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Oh, no... trux, I hope you manage. The best of luck to you and your family. I pray they have survived unharmed.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-11-2001, 12:34 PM   #329
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Dear god take pity on us this day
Let not the power of the US be provoked
It can only lead to the death of nations
And the end of a peacefull era
It will lead to death and distruction

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-11-2001, 12:35 PM   #330
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by trux:

I'm quite certain AngelofDeath is right. We will pray that your loved ones can get in contact soon. Try not to worry, hon. We're here at least.

------------------