Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 05:10 PM   #21
Hesperex

Hmmm sounds like you have a rather errrr......interesting job Epona, that must be why you spend so long on this forum

------------------

Old 03-05-2001, 05:44 PM   #22
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Rikard buddy, I'm a little perplexed, are you referring to the old days of this new forum, or are you referring to the old days on the old forum? I remember the old days on the old forum if that is what you mean. Didn't participate in the early stages of this new one, so now I'm a newb
Old 03-05-2001, 06:21 PM   #23
Stealthy

Epona, I spurt coffee all over my monitor thanks to you!
Quote:
I work at the Ministry of Agriculture, and I get loads of people e-mailing in and asking stupid questions like "I'm travelling to Australia, will I get my shoes confiscated because of the Foot & Mouth outbreak?".
Seriously, I know of at least one member who isn't coming back because of the exceessive spam. I am as guilty as anybody, but I do hope it calms down a little, as I am finding it impossible to keep up. I can see me posting less, because I haven't got the time to read everything. I think threads are getting far too long and have too many different cross-threads. I believe new threads should be started by a new post and not in the middle of another. This would allow us to participate in threads we wanted to and reduce the catching up required.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-05-2001, 09:12 PM   #24
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MORDRICK THE MAD:
Not to cause an argument but does this mean that you would rather the new people such as myself partake in these forums as I have never played an RPG game before and sometimes need some help.
Dont forget that you where also a newbie at one point and people were here before you.

Mordrick: Don't take it that way. I think it's wonderful when we keep getting new people. We are becoming a world-wide community in a way.
And while spam is often silly, it's also a good way to get to know one another. That's the way it is everytime you meet someone new that you like isn't it? You spend a lot of time talking about playful, superficial things which helps you get a 'sense' of what people are about, before you open up and share the deeper, more vulnerable part of yourself.

Also, there are many 'on-topic' boards for people to spend their time in if they don't like what's going on here. That's the joy of this place... there's room for everyone. (as long as they aren't trolls or flamers that is)

So I say join in the spam! Where's the harm?

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:16 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

I work at the Ministry of Agriculture, and I get loads of people e-mailing in and asking stupid questions like "I'm travelling to Australia, will I get my shoes confiscated because of the Foot & Mouth outbreak?".
Seriously, that is really my job!
So as you can see that is why I fall behind on my cyberlife!
Oh that is priceless! Your job must be a very interesting one, really!

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 03-05-2001, 09:29 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Stealth said: Seriously, I know of at least one member who isn't coming back because of the exceessive spam. I am as guilty as anybody, but I do hope it calms
down a little, as I am finding it impossible to keep up. I can see me posting less, because I haven't got the time to read everything. I think threads
are getting far too long and have too many different cross-threads. I believe new threads should be started by a new post and not in the middle
of another. This would allow us to participate in threads we wanted to and reduce the catching up required.

As I mentioned before, I really do think it will calm down. The newness will wear off and the race for the stars will end too. Starting new threads isn't a bad idea. I'm having outrageous load times for the long ones. I imagine a lot of people are and just give up on getting in.

CB

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 03-05-2001, 09:44 PM   #27
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I agree, our posts have been out of control recently (stars, etc.). Some posts only say "SPAM". No offense to anyone, I as well am a guilty party. It's been fun no doubt, but yes, having a conversation with someone is nei impossible. I also hope that this is just all the excitement over the new board and things will calm down eventually. A lot of friendships have grown, sewn by the old board, and I would not like to see that to end in a mindless haze of nonsense. As I said, I am a guilty party to said nonsense. As I stand now, I could care less when the heck I get another star (Ziroc shoulda known us rpgers would be competitive!). I'm just here to chat and talk to my friends at my leisure.

CB - You get so sensitive sometimes, don't you DARE think I'm talking about your spamming! I'm talking overall spamming here, me included. I love ya sis and you better keep making those great threads for us to converse and joke around on! Feel free to insert typos!

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 11:14 PM   #28
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ladyz, I have typoed enough for one night! Hosing and hung are my limit for the week! hahahahaha... I'm cruising around the board and finding that you guys get to far more threads than I do! I tend to concentrate for a while and then move on. Many of you are like bumble bees buzz buzzing from thread to thread with one post here and there...I'm feeling left behind in the dust!

And I'm an "old" member...hey I admitted my age!

Cloudalicious (that's for Tobbin! )

------------------
Storm-Queen
Old 03-06-2001, 01:02 AM   #29
Rikard

Hold it there Maddy
I never said i did not like the participiation of newer members
I was just thinking back to those old days
When posting was easier
Better and Yet worse

becoz you knew everybody