Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Level 14 is now open, and need feedback on all the encounters, plots, finding bugs, errors etc. Stuff like 'the monsters are way too easy or too hard' and game balancing issues.

Stuff like that. I have been running through the level now for 4 days with a few builds, and its HARD. So I may need to lower the stats if it's hard for you all--too hard for level 14. (can't run out of max stats by the time we hit level 20 of EFU).

Reply here when I open the level, and let me know what builds you ran it with--since I can't possibly run the levels with every build, and type. [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, I have been secretly been working on other levels at the same time--this is why it's taken longer than normal. [img]smile.gif[/img] Surprises will be revealed soon!

Thanks guys! Sorry again for the delay. Holidays did delay it as well.. no biggie.. I'm sure you were busy too.

Now that all the holiday stuff is done, I'll be able to crank out a new level of Undermountain every week or so, and non Undermountain levels less than a week! (I already have 9 huge maps in 50% complete as of now, so you're going to be busy soon.) hehe...

[ 12-30-2006, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Bump! We're now live! Level 14 is now open, and full of some of the toughest battles as well as the strongest weapons!

Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Off to the races...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I have excluded the good prisoners, and the henchmen, as well as the 'final' main leader. The Commander is 2nd in charge.
Also, Been watching you play, I'm bumping up some stats too.

I also have 3 other bad guys coming in to join the cyric lineup, as well as making more respawns. Timing is off a wee bit.
There is a lot more to see once I add back the other things. (Plot stuff). Hope you like it!

Let me know what you thought though!!

[ 12-30-2006, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 12-30-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
wellard
Dracolisk

Loved it

I believe Rob and myself were the first inside [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The area looked good - and diffrent, characters tough but not unbeatable, awesome treasure! I was a level 34 character though i survived, with the help of RTB, I would reccomend not entering solo unless you are a very high level (which is the way it should be) Good work Z

will go back and check on it some more [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:35 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There is a problem with the Commander's door. It seems you can only open it from outside the room, it won't open from inside, and we were lucky to have the fourth member of our party not with us the second time we went back there. I wouldn't bump a lot of stats on the baddies based on the archer I had in there tonight either. Her unbuffed ab is 74, so she pretty much hits what she aims at, mostly. If I'm testing a new level, I want to live... [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]
Other than the door, nothing bad to say. Nice level, well laid out, but could use a map pin for the door back to lvl 13.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:43 AM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Bump! We're now live! Level 14 is now open, and full of some of the toughest battles as well as the strongest weapons!
Okay, I will now admit that Level Fourteen is the NEW hardest level inside of the Undermountain. Tested it out with my 40th level cleric and had my insides handed to me slow roasted on a blackflame longsword with fava beans. There are a lot of rather interesting items down there for the intrepid explorer, but I implore anyone going down there to go IN A PARTY. It is not for the timid, the treacherous, or the tormented.

Spoilers ahead.
You have been warned.
Trust me, this will spoil you.
And it will warn you.
Because you need to be warned.
Or your spoiling remains will warm the boots of those who serve the darkness...
=
==
===
====
=====
=====
====
===
==
=
Told ya.

Been booted twice because of my computer not handling things well, but that was only on Level Thirteen. Level Fourteen worked as smoothly as any other level I have played on so far. There were a few wierd moments, such as the Ogres pausing and posing, but this has happened on other levels (mainly Level Seven with the Trolls.) Aside from that, all the enemies reacted as they should - with swiftness and hostility.

The Assassins I got a brief preview of some time ago, but I never saw them to their true effectiveness before. Seeing them run at you with that longhand style is disturbing. Finding out you can't hit them because you planned out your build wrong is scary. Learning swiftly that you are fighting them with bare hands because RUST MONSTERS ATE YOUR MACE is downright aggravating. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting them at all. Thank goodness for having a terrifying amount of Rings Of Harm available.

I met up with a party who had already cleared the way - or so they stated. The creatures there respawn, so moving slowly is not in your best interests. Going in a party is highly advised if you go down there storming like Norman. It's a shame that the bard Javan has on top wasn't with them when they first entered the Black Doors or it might have been a completely different experience. I haven't faced anything quite like that since I first ran through the completed ruins of the dwarven keep inside of Level Thirteen. There was one major difference though: inside the ruins, Mass Heal is your best friend. You don't get spells like that for the living that will work inside of Level Fourteen.

Bring bags for the looting. Bring LOTS of bags for the looting. By the time you leave that level (if not in small digestable chunks), you should have enough to purchase anything you want - including a war elephant. (I want one of those, damnit!) No, you do not face a war elephant inside of this level. If you did, you'd feel better for being squashed so freakin' flat. No, most of your opponents are the same size as yourself, so don't think that they can't run after your ass when you are fleeing for your life. As well, the equipment they have on them may inspire you to create new builds - or revisit old ones. I know it did for me.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:34 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

SPOILER

regarding the monster MZW mentions I can't believe i fell for it I have been trawling dungeons for about 25 freekin years and I fell for it ...doh the shame

You must keep this monster there or make it random Ziroc (i did come across it in another area today) anything that engages the brain and punishes dumb ass behaviour is good stuff Z! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:48 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

One other detail, the prisoner was hostile to me from when I first entered, even though I didn't AoE him with anything. Perhaps it was because I couldn't bluff worth beans?
Old 12-31-2006, 10:53 AM   #10
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I was told by a Drow darksinger to talk to their militiaman. Unfortunately I had already killed him. I'm sure he came at me as a hostile but I was under a bit of pressure at the time so I'm not really sure if there is a problem here. Need to run through again to be sure.

Level 14 is certainly interesting/difficult/dangerous/lucrative and I barely scratched the surface. I ran it solo with a level 40 character and I wouldn't want to see it pitched at a greater level of difficulty.

I did log in again this afternoon. There are usually one or two tanks about but this was the first time I've seen a whole Armoured Division on one level.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote