Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-03-2004, 12:36 PM   #11
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Khazadman Risen:
What is so hard to believe about the killers using UN vehicles? They've done the same thing with Red Crescent ambulances.
It's not hard to belive, but as someone has suggested, a tin of paint, etc, or maybe they were stolen, or it was a stretcher as pointed out in the story, and tell me if they had used a bus, do we evict the Gaza strip bus company as well ?
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

Thank you the Tavor 21 is what I was thinking of. Nice rifle.

The UN makes too many rules that have to be followed. The enemy uses barbaric tactics and yet we are forced to use the stupid Geneva Convention because the UN says too. If we are fighting a civilized army then yes, use the Geneva Convention. If we are fighting barbarians who murder POW's, and civilians, and other people with no means to resist then we should use their own type of tactics. I say take terrorism to the doorsteps of the terrorists.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:57 PM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

There's no point of having the Geneva Convention if you can just ignore it when you don't feel like following it. Same goes for any law. If you can ignore it when it doesn't fit your taste, then you might just scrap it altogether, I mean, who's gonna follow it then?

Sure, the terrorists doesn't give a damn about the Geneva Convention and we have to, but that's a price we have to pay for being 'the good guys'.

[ 10-03-2004, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 10-03-2004, 03:22 PM   #14
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Ah so mister MORGAN ( ), you are saying we should abolish a law that forbids TORTURING? I hope you have the moral insight to see that is a very sick idea. We should hunt down and lock up every man or woman that tortures another being, just for the idiot idea he's 'the enemy'. He also has a family, friends, etc. that will miss him. Don't be so fast to think of them as evil.

[ 10-03-2004, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: JrKASperov ]
Old 10-03-2004, 04:32 PM   #15
Stratos
Vampire

I think it's Morgan not Morguerat, JrKASperov. You're confusing the two.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:07 PM   #16
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

WOOPS TERRIBLY SORRY
Old 10-03-2004, 10:49 PM   #17
Lucern
Quintesson

There's still the Convention Against Torture, so ending the Geneva Convention wouldn't be open season on political abuse during war and peacetime. I'm not advocating that of course, just pointing out another protection in the framework of the UN, as well a rule most people can agree on.

Most countries, however, have a tough time with it.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #18
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

I'm all for ending the UN. But only after we abandon the combustion engine and running water. I mean, if we're going to take giant steps backwards, let's be men about it and go whole hog.

Any American that would advocate abandoning the UN is unpatriotic and an idiot. Yep, that's you. The trend of the world is TOWARD world government/order of SOME KIND, sooner or later. If we abandon the UN, then we will face ANOTHER kind of world order -- but only probably after another world war. We've seen this scenario before folks. So, given that SOME KIND of world order is inevitable, why not stick with the kind where we have the almighty VETO???? If we do this thing again, it will probably be done more fairly, and we won't get to be one of the 5 elite of l33ts. Accordingly, because we have such a powerful position within the UN, the patriotic American should argue we need to FIX it, not abandon it.

Abandoning the UN would only be more proof of one of my favorite quotes:
We learn from history that we do not learn from history. -- GWF Hegel.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:13 AM   #19
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
All they do is get in the way an make it hard to win anything.

I can see why you would find this so unsettling!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
That aside, there's always the option these are photographs of a fake UN ambulance... Any idiot with some paint is capable of putting two letters on the roof of a car.

Groj - I hope you are not suggesting that Israeli Secret Service would do something underhand, illegal or despicable?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote