Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 08:46 PM   #11
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I'm sure that you've heard this one

A guy got PROSECUTED for eat a KIT-KAT when he was driving. They said that he did not have two hands on the steering wheel so he was a liability and a unsafe driver (and this was at a traffic light as well! )

He then denied the charge and said how stupid the court was - everyone has a snack in their car sometimes don't they?

The court then took away his driving license for (I think) two years.

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-03-2001, 08:50 PM   #12
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
I just recetly read or heard something about people the people in southern California passing an act saying that you can't call yourself a pet "owner" because pets are individuals also and cannot be "owned"
Pretty stupid... I own or have a pet dog myself (an akita)

You guys know any other stupid laws out there???

Sure.........I'll give some cash to the budgie and start telling it to do my homework and occasional shopping, whilst I sit in an extra large cage getting fed nuts and pecking at a silly round mirror.

(sigh.........)

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-03-2001, 10:47 PM   #13
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Where I live it's illegal, when downtown, to tie your horse up any where other than a hitching post. This was passed by the city council in 1890 somthing. Never been taken of the books. Needless to say, not many tickets get written
for this particular violation.

Does anyone remember the little old lady that got a ticket for putting money in other peoples parking meters when they were about to run out or had run out? That happened in the midwest somewhere, I think.

What about the man in Michigan that got in trouble with the law for cussing as he fell out of his boat into the water.

There was another one about a sixteen or seventeen year old boy that was tried and convicted of statutory rape, after he got his fifteen year old girlfriend
pregnent. He was arrested when they applied for a marriage license. Not saying what he did was right, but at least he was trying to do the "right" thing.

Some laws are nonsense and others are not enfored with comman sense. That's my two cents worth any way.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?