Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

INDIA all the way, you must be crazy if you think otherwise. Actually i haven't watched cricket since i was 10 or 12 years old, so im not really current with the program, but my gut instinct tells me its going to be India.

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
- Milton Waddams
thecarrotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm pretty sure Holland is NOT going to win.
Well they have just lost to South Africa but that is no shame. fingers crossed thay can still make it to the next round [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well, for Holland is being present at this level a victory in itself i suppose, it's not something they do every time, perhaps the game of cricket is on the rise here. Then again, we hardly ever see anything about cricket on our tv networks. When you live in Holland, it's football, speedskating, some more football, cycling, and even more football, and that's all the sports you're gonna get. They didn't even bother covering the Superbowl this year, something that pissed me off immensely, because now i had to watch it on a German channel, with German commentators, and they don't have a clue what they're talking about and were more impressed with the halftimeshow than the game itself.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:21 PM   #13
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by thecarrotdude:
INDIA all the way, you must be crazy if you think otherwise. Actually i haven't watched cricket since i was 10 or 12 years old, so im not really current with the program, but my gut instinct tells me its going to be India.
How is your gut feeling? because India just lost to Bangladesh - thats got to hurt [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But in the biggest shock off all Ireland has just beaten Pakistan! I kid you not [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] the paddys have sent pakistan out of the world cup, who would believe it

from the bbc ...

"Ireland produced one of the greatest victories in cricket's rich history by beating Pakistan on St Patrick's Day amid unbelievable tension in Jamaica."

[ 03-17-2007, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:20 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Tragic news about Bob Woolmer's death. Some things are more important than a sporting match, and this is one of them.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #15
wellard
Dracolisk

Sad news indeed Memmnoch, have they ruled out suicide?

Old 03-19-2007, 05:30 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Sad news indeed Memmnoch, have they ruled out suicide?
Haven't ruled anything out yet. The autopsy is still being conducted to determine cause of death. It's a tragedy though, isn't it.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #17
Target
Red Dragon

Very sad news about Bob Woolmer. 

But I have to say a huge well done to Ireland!! Amazing match, and on St paddies day as well. Baring a huge loss to the windies I can see them going through!!

Best not talk about England, was not the greatest performance again, oh dear we could not even bowl out Canada!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Apparently the police think that Bob may have been murdered!

Quote:
Woolmer's death 'suspicious' - police

Cricinfo staff

March 21, 2007

Mystery surrounds the death of Bob Woolmer © Getty Images

Police are now treating Bob Woolmer's death as suspicious, Mark Shields, the deputy commissioner of police, told a news conference in Jamaica.

"We have already informed the Woolmer family of these developments," Shields said. "Having met with the pathologists, our medical personnel and investigators, there is now sufficient information to continue a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Mr Woolmer, which we are now treating as suspicious."

Pervez Mir, the Pakistan Cricket Board spokesman, told AFP: "The police suspect that Woolmer may have been murdered. They have started an investigation."

Shields said the police had been in close contact with the Pakistan team management, the Cricket World Cup committee and the ICC, but he would not speculate on the cause of Woolmer's death. "It would be inappropriate for me to make any comment at this stage as we have still not got the final official report from the pathologists," he said.

Talat Ali, the Pakistan team manager, told Geo TV they had not been given full details by the police. "They have not made any reference to poisoning or anything yet, as some reports are suggesting," Ali said. "There is no information at all that this poison could be involved. Investigations will carry on so we cannot come to any conclusions right now."

Ali denied Pakistan were not allowed to travel. "There are no police restrictions on the team," he said. "As planned for now, we are flying back on Saturday."

Woolmer, 58, was found unconscious in his hotel room on Sunday and pronounced dead shortly after at a Jamaica hospital. Woolmer's family said after speaking to doctors they expected his death came from a stress-related heart attack. An autopsy completed on Tuesday was inconclusive, but investigators were waiting for the results of toxicology tests to see if they helped determine the cause.

More to follow

© Cricinfo

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc20...ry/286445.html
[ 03-21-2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 03-21-2007, 04:19 AM   #19
wellard
Dracolisk

Bloody hell!

I hope this is not the case, murder at the world cup? Some pissed of bookmaker? this is stunning news, keep us informed Mems

Old 03-22-2007, 05:24 AM   #20
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm pretty sure Holland is NOT going to win.
Well they have just lost to South Africa but that is no shame. fingers crossed thay can still make it to the next round [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well, for Holland is being present at this level a victory in itself i suppose, it's not something they do every time, perhaps the game of cricket is on the rise here.[/QUOTE]holland beat namibia in the 2003 world cup. also holland are one of only 4 european countries to have an ODI status and are 1998 and 2000 european championship winners (ofc england doesnt participate in the EC)...