Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2001, 03:41 AM   #11
Neb
Account deleted by Request

It's not a good idea to combine tech and magic, your magic or tech aptitude will be zero and therefore less effective, and why use an elephant gun when you can disentigrate your foes? Most of them don't have anything useful anyway, the Arcane Greatsword and the Bangellion Scourge at 100 magic aptitude can beat all Tech weapons I've found so far while having 100 Tech aptitude.

Wolfgir, what does the patch fix? Does it balance the game a bit more?

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

I've also got a pretty long sig.
Old 09-30-2001, 04:55 AM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Aye, no doubt that magick is wayyyy more powerful than tech, but I enjoy role-playing my techo-mage. And I sorta want Virgil's healing to work on me so I'm trying to keep tech apt at around 40

And I dont like the concept of hand-to-hand weapons in this game. You should see how Magnus is with one of those crafted Longswords. He attacks about 6-8 times in a turn, plus movement! Overpowered..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 09-30-2001, 05:19 AM   #13
Neb

If you think a "Crafted Longsword" is an overpowered hand-to-hand weapon, just wait till you get the Arcane Greatsword or the Bangellion Scourge, does anyone know if there are any better Tech Schematics than the Blade Launcher and where to find them?

And I still want to know what the patch upgrades.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Member of the HADB clan.

General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department and Jumprope Compound in the IW Peacekeeping Force.

Old 09-30-2001, 09:09 AM   #14
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i was about to post a new message about "anyone heard of Arcanim" till this post showed up. i have to agree that magic rocks in this game simply because im only a lvl11 newbie character able to summon a guardian ogre who is lvl 30 and can kill nearly anything right now. the techono stuff only gives me a soreeyes with all those useless gadgets in my inventory that adds to a major headache. plus there is no special spells you have to learn unlike baldurs gate, you are just like a socerer here wherein you just magically learn a spell you have never heard off. this game is a mix of fallout and baldurs and a little of planscape torment (i should say)

PLUS, when they say that thier minimum requirement is 200mhz... im having a hard time already to move around with my 400mhz computer here... good thing my video card is still okay for all the games ive bought...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 09-30-2001, 09:28 AM   #15
Neb

I've got a 950 Mhz CPU, and Arcanum can still get choppy now and then on mine.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Member of the HADB clan.