Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 08-14-2001, 11:25 AM   #1
mondoreli
Welcomed New User

ive just recently got a new computer, and need to know how to transfer my character files from the old cpu to the new. thanks for any help.
mondoreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 01:54 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Unless your new pc is named EXACTLY the same as the old one, then Dsbackup is your best bet. Not sure of the current link, but if you need it, I will try and dig it out.

BTW by computer name I mean the one to be found under Network Neighbourhood ->Properties->Identification.

Hope this helps

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 08-14-2001).]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 02:01 PM   #3
mondoreli
Welcomed New User

I appreciate your help. My new comp is not the same as the old. If you could find that link that would be great!
Thanks again
mondoreli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 04:15 PM   #4
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Try doing a search for DSBackup on this forum or on this alternate board. I have never had to use it myself, but a bit of ferreting around should get you all the info you need.

Best of luck

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 08-14-2001).]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 07:55 AM   #5
mithrandir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why search? Try this:
http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/dark...ownloads.shtml
exactly: http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/dark...sbackup105.zip

------------------
... Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Dwarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I do not go.
mithrandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 01:33 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

I might have a copy of it. If I can find it with the instructions and it isn't too big I'll email you a copy but I can't remember how to work it. It's not easy sharing a house with five computers and four relatives (only two of the computers are online, and have CD writers, DS is on an offline one so I can only transport floppy sized zips to the online ones, unlimited the other way).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote