Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Help in creating a high level rogue in Awakening

Should I just go with soley Dex and Cunning and perhaps a little STR for armor (like 23 str)? The reason I ask is because I rarely have enough Stam to perform my cool moves like whirlwind etc.? With 50 some points to spend it is a little daunting, and a bit easier to make a gimped char. I am going for an Assassin backstab-happy type, with combat stealth and the talent that lets you add your Cunning to your dmg. What is a good Stam to start out with in Awakenings? Also, should I keep Con at a bare minimum?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Default Re: Help in creating a high level rogue in Awakening

You need a lot of Dex (54 I think) for those high level rogue talents, so if you want to use them plan for that. I don't put anything in Con, with a high Dex and evasion very little is actually going to hit you anyway. I think I had Willpower at around 20ish. There are stamina potions in Awakening, and recipes to make them, so high WP is not so essential. I put some in Str, simply because I like to dual-wield longsword and dagger, but if you're going daggers only then the only consideration is the high tier light armour which I think needs 22 Str. Bung everything else in Cunning, and take the lethality talent.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I would not go for stam - as the stam pots in awakening are much better than the mushrooms you can chew from Origin.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Okay thanks. I may gear a bit for stam because I like to be self-sufficient and not have to pop pots just to perform my abilities. I'll see how it goes, just starting the XPac now.