Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2002, 10:05 AM   #41
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hi Att; is Lady G there with you? if so could you ask her to post on burned drow, pleeeeeeease? thanks
Old 10-18-2002, 10:32 AM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

HI all! I'm at work, but had to say good day to you!

Saz, ugh, STILL at court? Well, just be glad you aren't in the jury, I had a week of full days and evenings, plus a SATURDAY when I did that!
Old 10-18-2002, 10:38 AM   #43
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Hey guys. Just got back from a road run and the adrenaline is still WAY up high. I gotta move around, man, I gotta MOVE AROUND!!!!!!!!

*Sprints the length of the cafe five times*
Hands Horatio a tambourine and a nice grass skirt and sells tickets. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2002, 10:52 AM   #44
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
HI all! I'm at work, but had to say good day to you!

Saz, ugh, STILL at court? Well, just be glad you aren't in the jury, I had a week of full days and evenings, plus a SATURDAY when I did that!
Nope, we're finally done, Cloudy. Trouble is, I have *no* idea what the outcome is. Hopefully we'll find out.

Sad thing is, we're the only witnesses for the defense who showed up. I thought that if someone was under subpoena ad testificandum, it was a mandatory order to appear in court. Sounds like some contempt charges are going to be going out!

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-18-2002, 10:57 AM   #45
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

just as a general q, do you think my sigs too large? just been pondering it, it seems to have grown quite a bit in the last couple of months. *mutters* about stupid force-marriage threads...*dark glare*

*edit* sigh, *ponders why this doesnt work:*
deatbringer/calaethis-dragonsbane-sig.jpg[/img]
Chief Military Adviser of the Great Armies of Darkness and Child of Bhaal. Ranger, Elf, NG. Dearly beloved husband of Kaltia, the Drow Matron Mother
Friend, Ally and Comrade of the one known as "Whacky"...Honourble Captain of my Personal Bodyguard, retainer of my Armoury, and Leader of my Strike Force...
[b]A member of the IW branch of the Anti-Anomen Society[b]

"You will do what you must, become what you must; or others will pay for your cowardice"~Jon Irenicus.
"Death is lighter then a feather; duty heavier then a mountain" ~Rand al'Thor. "...I trust you like a brother...until you stab me in the back".

...hmm font colour works.. unless.. did mr Z disable font colour in sigs?

[ 10-18-2002, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 10-18-2002, 10:57 AM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I think the sheriff's office will issue those warrants, Saz. I know at our courthouse (county, anyway) if you are a called juror (even if not serving on a jury, just called to possibly serve) and you don't show up, they send the sherif to your door to find out why not.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #47
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I think the sheriff's office will issue those warrants, Saz. I know at our courthouse (county, anyway) if you are a called juror (even if not serving on a jury, just called to possibly serve) and you don't show up, they send the sherif to your door to find out why not.
Well, these were witnesses, not jurors, but I have a feeling the process is the same. Some people really are idiots.

Anyway, I was glad all my colleagues and I showed up, as I think we're the only prayer of hope this poor girl has. I'm no longer under "THE RULE" now, so I can speak freely. It's a case of CPS taking away children from a mother (one of our students) because, according to them, she "kept a messy house." That was the only charge. Her lawyer felt that she was getting railroaded and called us in, her teachers, to testify as character witnesses on her behalf as to her personal appearance, professionalism in the classroom, and potential employability after graduation.

I only hope we were able to do some good. It's an awful situation for anyone to have to be in.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 10-18-2002, 11:14 AM   #48
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey guys. Felt real sick today, so I just stayed in. I won't disgust you with the contents of the steaming pile of mess in my toilet...oops, too late [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'm better now, thank god, but I was feeling real awful this morning. So, howz everyone?
Old 10-18-2002, 12:13 PM   #49
SomeGuy
Unicorn

* All of asudden the bookshelf with lots of books starts trembling and one books falls out and opens and a magical whirl of light and sparkly thingies comes out and turns into SomeGuy* Man I was getting a cramp in that book.Hey everyone.How's it going? Ya know what I'm going to go get some patries today. *Goes down to the supermarket and buys some 128 pastries and brings them back to the cafe.Grabs a pastry and starts eating* C'mon everybody! FREE PASTRIES!
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 10-18-2002, 02:02 PM   #50
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Saz, in Texas, CPS is either invisible or a pain in the neck. All it takes is a disgruntled ex-spouse , relative, or even neighbor to report you and little Goody Two-Shoes social worker is out there. We have these little mix-ups all of the time.