Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-21-2001, 05:22 AM   #1
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Dramnek I thought I'd seen it all when you posted your drivel about Palestine a few months ago, but this takes the cake.

I have to ask you, where are you from? How old are you? Nine? If your posts weren't so devoid of anything resembling fact or logic they would be insulting, inflammatory and racist. As it is they are amusing. Go knock yourelf out wonderboy. You've got all the answers haven't you. You even know how I think! Wow!

Quote:
Dramnek put up a paper thin bunch of regurgitated sentances that said nothing other than wild speculation into the basis for believer's belief motives. Something totally beyond his experience or questionable quantificational qualifications and quite quaintly quacky and queer if you ask me.

Quote:
[B]For some twat to come online and say that my beliefs are "based on emotion with little grounding in the real world" is wrong.

[B]
You are welcome to hold any opinion you wish on my posts (and post it), BUT it would be nice if you could refrain from insulting me as that may be considered immature and offensive by some. Its also how people get upset and flames start. please Remember in future to criticise my OPINION'S, not me.

------------------

In nomine Imperatis, guard our armour and our gaze; lubricate our projectile weapons that they do not jam. Bless and brighten the beams of our lasers; fiat lux in tenebris.
He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium to whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 10-21-2001).]

Old 10-21-2001, 05:40 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

what makes each individual different? isn't our views on daly things that mark us one from another?

so... opinion... person, person... opinion...
Old 10-21-2001, 05:42 AM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

But still, that was uncalled for. Yorick, I believe you should apologize...
Old 10-21-2001, 05:50 AM   #4
Rikard

Uncalled for?
I would like to see to what Yorick replied this way
Only then i can judge
But this shouldn;t be posted
If you have problems with someone personally mail to him
Don't post

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Druidic Sorcerer of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Spam Sentinal of the Ironworks
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-21-2001, 05:56 AM   #5
Kaz

What I meant was, don't respond with flames even if you're being flamed at. I know it's hard, however please try, everybody. And Yorick's tone didn't seem as if he was being flamed at, only as if he was commenting on Dramnek's opinions.
Old 10-21-2001, 05:59 AM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

With all due respect, I would suggest that you take your concerns to a Moderator rather than start a thread like this. Their e-mail addresses are in their profiles. All this sort of thread will do is inflame the situation. You might also consider deleting this thread pending a reply from the Moderator concerned.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 06:06 AM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Yorick can handle this

and Dramnek, I am not siding with anyone, just let you know. take care
Old 10-21-2001, 06:08 AM   #8
Kaz

Mouse, I assume Dramnek means to handle the situation quickly without the mods jumping in (trying to resolve conflicts on your own) I applaud this notion, as the mods are probably stressed enough right now. However, if the situation escalates, I strongly urge you to call them in.

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 07:23 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick, those responses *were* a bit out of line, mate, even though Dramnek may have been flamebaiting with his one-eyed views and provocative manner of posting. But namecalling never helps and only makes the situation worse. It's out of character for you to resort to namecalling, since you're normally the voice of reason and restraint!

Just so that Yorick's comments can be put in context, this was Yorick's first post, discussing his reasons for his belief in God:

Quote:
Yorick's first post:
Ryanamur, don't you see your "belief" is a reaction. A rejection of another belief.
You should have proof that God does not exist, rather than relying on a lack of proof the he does.

My belief is based on conviction of my own views, rather than lack of belief in a case against Gods existence.

Yours is based on a lack of belief in the case for.

See what I mean?
This was Dramnek's comment to Yorick's post:

Quote:
Posted by Dramnek:
Here the burden of proof is being shifted. It is obvious from daily life(innocent chldren dieing, people suffering, "Natural evil" and the fragmentation of religion) that there is almost no evidence that a god exists. The evidence that a god does not exist is based on clear cut and logical evidence. The "evidence" that god exists is based on emotion with little grounding in the real world. There is already undeniable evidence god does not exist, its just that peoples emotions get in the way of thinking about it. Since Christians belive in this strange and illogical idea of some kind of human like figure that created us all, and all the evidence points to there being no god,then they should be the ones to prove a god exists.
Yorick then replied with his posts above. Understandable given Dramnek's inflammatory and flamebaiting post, but uncalled for, sorry mate! Kind of like a football player getting niggled on the football field all afternoon and finally throwing a punch that the referee then catches. Guess which player gets a yellow card?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-21-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 07:31 AM   #10
Dramnek_Ulk

[quote]Originally posted by Memnoch:
Yorick, those responses *were* a bit out of line, mate, even though Dramnek may have been flamebaiting with his somewhat extreme views. Namecalling never helps. It's out of character for you to resort to namecalling, since you're normally the voice of reason and restraint!

Just so that Yorick's comments can be put in context, this was Yorick's first post, discussing his reasons for his belief in God:

This was Dramnek's comment to Yorick's post:

[quote]Posted by Dramnek:
Here the burden of proof is being shifted. It is obvious from daily life(innocent chldren dieing, people suffering, "Natural evil" and the fragmentation of religion) that there is almost no evidence that a god exists. The evidence that a god does not exist is based on clear cut and logical evidence. The "evidence" that god exists is based on emotion with little grounding in the real world. There is already undeniable evidence god does not exist, its just that peoples emotions get in the way of thinking about it. Since Christians belive in this strange and illogical idea of some kind of human like figure that created us all, and all the evidence points to there being no god,then they should be the ones to prove a god exists.

Quote:

Yorick then replied with his posts above. Understandable given Dramnek's inflammatory post, but uncalled for, sorry mate!
why did you not do anything about this at the time of yoricks insulting posts, surely it is a part of a moderators job to stop abuse and insults like these?

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 10-21-2001).]