Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-07-2001, 11:11 PM   #1
zNOVAz
The Magister

I was just wondering something, who likes Jahera, I know that she can heal and all and can shpeshift but she just sucks, horidly! What would be your opinion?

------------------
Ned,, your so crazay
Old 09-08-2001, 12:59 AM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Jaheira is excellent. I used her as my only priest and bought restoration scrolls, which worked perfectly. She is a great tank, I had her using a staff then later a spear in TOB; lots of people say she needs a shield for AC but She always hovered round -6 with my fourth best armour. She's got good dex, and the only problems with her are her strength, easily recified, and her slow levelling, but that doesn't really matter, she gets as far as a druid as a single class druid and she gets to be a great fighter. Plus being neutral she fits in a good party or an evil one and won't leave.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:16 AM   #3
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Actually she is quite strong. I still would take anomen over her any day but she is very useful. I don't like that she levels so slowly but insect plague dominates and she gets good summons as well. She can do fairly well in melee once you get her well equiped (although the options are more limited compared to most other npcs). Early in the game though I agree that she is pretty much a waste of space (sorta opposite of aerie I think who does great early on but seems to fall flat before the end of the game).
Old 09-08-2001, 08:41 AM   #4
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

If you ask as romance, I'm an Aerie fan

I think she's very blunt but she's useful. She is multi-classed but she gains levels very fast 'til level 13 because she's druid. She's got useful spells. Also with a gaunlets of ogre power she can be useful in combat. My party is Me,Minsc,Aerie,Nalia,Anomen,Jan. I like to restart after I beat the game with a totaly different party except Anomen; Me,Keldorn,Valygar,Jaheria,Anomen,Yoshimo (Imoen) Jaheira is cool specially her insect plague spell but I wont replace my Anomen with her
Old 09-08-2001, 08:47 AM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Shes an excellent party member and I have her in my current game. The thing I hate about her is her neverending f***ing whining/nagging. So I'm somewhat rude to her, that way she babbles less often
Old 09-08-2001, 08:51 AM   #6
Gedd
The Magister

Jaheira is one of th emost powerfull members of my group and i think the most underated npc in the game. With Iron Skins, Belm (get a +3 club for magic weapon resistant creatures), gaunlet of hill giant strength and a shield +3 giving her and AC of about -7 makes her one of the best tanks in the game. Couple that with her excellent saving throws (rarely fails) and the ability to cast Harm and almost hit every time makes her very powerful.

In some ways a character can seem weak and useless if not equiped correctly, and i think this applies to almost all the npc's. They can all seem like the best npc in the game, its just how you equip them. THis is part of the fun in playing with a group IMO, trying to get the best out of everyone etc etc

------------------
none shall pass...
Old 10-02-2001, 04:15 PM   #7
Lazarus
Manshoon

And besides she can ressurect fallen party members also..
Old 10-02-2001, 05:22 PM   #8
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

I like her also. I am a half-orc, she she does nto talk to me much - hence no nagging/whining/romance. But she is very good with staff of rynn or with staff mace or something else. I like her. She does have girdle of hill giant strength...
Old 10-02-2001, 06:37 PM   #9
Montravant
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by zNOVAz:
I was just wondering something, who likes Jahera, I know that she can heal and all and can shpeshift but she just sucks, horidly! What would be your opinion?

I like Jahiera

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant
Old 10-02-2001, 08:21 PM   #10
StarVid
Elminster

I like her too. I haven't completely any of the romances yet, but if I were to, it would be with her. Some complain that Jah wines, but Aerie's worse, and less useful. There are plenty of half mages in the game, and because she levels so slow, her healing is limited. I'd usually take Vic or Anomen over her. But back to Jah, it's also sentimential, from BG1 and all. Too bad that she was pretty useless then (clerics and druids got totally shafted in BG1). But that's my 2 cents...