Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-20-2001, 04:58 PM   #1
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minsc's berserker rage is useful - except when he starts pounding on his buddies. This seems to happen a lot. It especially happens after all the baddies are gone, and for a minute or so I have to keep my whole party running away from him til he comes out of it. *This* is only a minor inconvenience, and I can even imagine it being a real consequence of a berserker rage so hey, I let it go.

But sometimes he starts pounding on my crew while there are villains right next to him -- grrr -- last night he wiped out my protagonist with a cherry critical hit. Hmmm. So this is a bug I assume, right? Wrong? I can't find it in the bug lists I've seen. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:32 PM   #2
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I always assumed this was a side affect of his berserker range. I prefer to play smart and chose my targets so I don't care for his berserker rage as oppossed to Korgan's special which still allows him to target the enemies you want him to fight. To me randomly bashing on stuff isn't awful but the fights can go so much easier when you get a big beefy warrior like minsc to take out a strategic target. Ganging up on stuff always works wonders for me compared to doing 6 1 on 1 battles.
Old 07-20-2001, 05:45 PM   #3
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually, I generally fight exactly like you say - size up the enemy then take them out one by one in order of most dangerous. Works well, and I figure I get pounded less this way. This is my second time around, and I've been experimenting with Minsc's rage in cases where I tend to get hit with confusion/hold/fear whammy's. He can be very useful then. I think I might stick to sending him into those sorts of frays alone - poor sot (I bet he loves it though).

Maybe it really is part of the game play if you get this too. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

Na, it aint a bug. In the description for berzerking it clearly says that there is a chance the rageing one may attack you party-members

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 07-21-2001, 01:29 AM   #5
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

something for you guys (and myself) to try: is it possible to use minscs rage, and then after the battle use keldorn's dispel magic to get rid of it?
Old 07-21-2001, 01:49 AM   #6
Desuma_Malevois

I haven't tested it out in BG2, but when I played BG1 bardsong would allow you to control Minsc - the berserk icon wouldn't disappear until time had expired, but you could still control his actions.