Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 03:55 AM   #1
JJ/newbie

This darn thing is driving me up the wall. I unzip it to the bg2 override directory like it says, then i get the window wth the read me and the exp cap program icons. read me says copy to bg2 override and you're good to go. I right click on it, select cut. go to the desktop icon for bg2 override, click and then right click on paste. gives me message that winzip32 exe is not found. winzip is what unzipped it to the bg2 SoA override directory in the first place. it just keeps on looping, without actually working. Would you people who actually KNOW how to use a computer help lil' ol iggerant me? puhleeeese?

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-17-2001, 04:06 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sorry JJ. I never use the cap remover.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-17-2001, 04:22 AM   #3
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Um, JJ, isn't this kinda on topic??? First, you'll have to get winzip if you don't already have it then what I would do is right-click and choose "extract to folder whatever on your desktop" Now you'll have folder whatever on your desktop and inside will be xpcap.2da and readme.txt. Copy xpcap.2da to the over-ride folder and there ya go... Hope this helps!

------------------
Old 03-17-2001, 04:31 AM   #4
JJ/newbie

hi ladyr, that is what i did! - sad face- i have winzip and powerarchiver, i did what you said, but then when i go back into the game, it does not work. could you be a bit more specific in the steps? or, looking at what i have described, what am i NOT doing?

------------------

Old 03-17-2001, 04:44 AM   #5
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

JJ, is xpcap.2da already in the override folder? I'm not sure it really shows up till you get x number of points and I have no idea if it even works if your experience is already 'locked' down... Hmmmm, does the readme mention this? Maybe you should back-up and use shadow keeper to (temporarily ) give yourself a gazillion ex points to check it out... Sounds like you're doing everything right. Maybe you should email Memny about it, he probably knows better than I... Good luck! (Alas, I've never even come close to the cap in BGII!)

------------------
Old 03-17-2001, 04:49 AM   #6
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

JJ, here's a thought, also... You're sure you have the one for BGII and not for BGI? I just went snooping in my old games folder and the files are named the same... (don't know if they really are the same or if they're interchangable or not...) Just a thought. Again, good luck!

------------------
Old 03-17-2001, 08:04 AM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

How do you know it's not working JJ, are you on the cap limit?

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-17-2001, 01:27 PM   #8
JJ/newbie

thank you ladyrae and charlie. I only have bg2, so I know that it is not 1. I also have the xpcap.2da in my override folder - i can explore and there it is. yes, i have gone to (and accumulated more pts that don't show) the exp cap. - you mentioned experience 'locked down' -? does that mean you cannot exceed the exp cap with characters you already have started? - I would have to generate a new character and game for it to work? if so , that would at least make some kind of sense. I have not tried to shadow or cluaconsole command my experience beyond the cap yet, but if points in the game that you get for doing stuff will not show up beyond the cap, i doubt those would do it, but i have not tried that approach yet. I appreciate your input. - oh, and my characters were not already at the cap when i did install the cap remover, either.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JJ/newbie (edited 03-17-2001).]

Old 03-17-2001, 01:33 PM   #9
Moiraine
Anubis

JJ, I have not yet installed the XPCapRemover, but I was planning to do so tomorrow - if I have a solution to your problem, I will let you know. As both my husband and me are computer geeks (some say 'engineers' ), I bet we will find the cause of your problem if it happens to us !

------------------
Old 03-18-2001, 08:24 AM   #10
JJ/newbie

Thank you, Moraine,and your hubby also. I would be very interested in whether or not it works for you guys, and what steps you took while installing it. I started a new character, half elf f/m/t, I wanted to try it the way el_kalkyus (sp?) had talked about. I tried LadyRae's idea about shadowing a bunch of exp points over cap to check it out, and it did not work, cap firmly in place with each class having 983333 exp pts and not a penny more - so that takes care of the question of whether or not already established characters would be 'locked'. When I go to explore, and find the override folder, open it and there is the expcap.2da file, when I right click it and hit open, I get error msg winzip32.exe not found. I downloaded the "fully functional evaluation version" -HA- , then re-installed it again. Did a find files search for it, not found. searched the winzip website for it, not found. I also have PowerArchiver zip utility, but when I try to use it I get the- paraphrasing here- msg that I have to use winzip and winzip not found-this was after i uninstalled winzip the first time, before re-loading it. When i reloaded wz, and then tried to use powerarchiver, winzip opened automatically and that puts me back where I started. Any suggestions based on this info? can anyone send me the elusive winzip32.exe file? Your help muchly appreciated in solving this (insert your favorite Yosemite Sam string of verbal exclamations) problem.

------------------