Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-16-2001, 10:06 AM   #11
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

How funny... before, like months ago... people hated Aerie and loved Jaheira.. now it is the other way around!!! What the hell???

Anyway, I agree and disagree. Aerie knows very well that she is innocent, and she is easily hurt due to this. So any rash moves you do to her will affect her more than it will affect Viconia or Jaheira. The only difference is that since Aerie hasn't experienced the bad side about a relationship, she falls easier unlike the husband robbed Jaheira or the longing for trust Vic. It just so concludes that it will all boil down to one thing: they will LOVE you okay? Aerie is not pathetic, she even lucky that you were the one who saved her ass and also fell in love with her all at the same time...

------------------

Heya! It's just me, Bahamut!
Old 09-16-2001, 04:00 PM   #12
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I had that fight between Jaheira and Viconia (and it's a HARD fight ) Pretty funny to watch, had to kick Viconia out (personality is better then looks )

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
You deal, I'll cut -- Lilarcor
Old 09-17-2001, 12:46 PM   #13
hagimihale
Manshoon

SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW...

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I have both Viconia and Jaheira in my party. The moment I added Viconia, she started a romance with me. Typical Drow stuff, testing me and thowing out occassional insults. About 35 days into the game, the two women went at it verbally, with Jaheira basically asking me to tell Viconia to take a hike.

Fortunately, one of my options as a reply was "I value your opinion Jaheira. Consider me warned". This didnt seem to get either woman angry. Viconia has been sharing my sleeping bag for the past week and is still testing me, but her personality is becoming softer and more feminine. Not quite what you'd get from Aerie but that's to be expected.

To be honest I like the challenge of romancing Viconia. My protagonist is a good character and I have him behaving as such. From what I understand you can get Viconia to change alignments (become Good) and that's my goal. So far its been a worthwhile "quest".
Old 09-25-2001, 10:20 AM   #14
Tina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Reputation and Jaheira;
A high reputation won't give any problems with Jaheira. She will always comment with "I hope this is not a sign of things to come. We must strife to maintain balaŽnce" but actually for the Romance the higher the rep the better. You can never be too good for Jaheira, because you even have to prove her that you didn't fall for your evil heritage.
Old 09-25-2001, 12:45 PM   #15
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

You can change Viconia's alignment?! Will she stay in the party if you are romanceing her and you get past 18 rep?
Old 09-26-2001, 05:22 AM   #16
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Xrayted82:
You can change Viconia's alignment?! Will she stay in the party if you are romanceing her and you get past 18 rep?
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
In ToB unfortunatelly

Z.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:42 AM   #17
Tina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Viconia: Yees she will leave your party, if you're above 18, even if you're romancing her. I would advice to steal from a merchant (or two) who do not have something valuable and who are standing very isolated (there are some). Then your're at rep 16 when you leave the city and can do the mindflayer quest later which would give another rep point.

Old 09-26-2001, 07:13 PM   #18
Xrayted82
Dungeon Master

When you say in ToB, does that mean only when it is installed, or only when you enter the expansion itself?
Old 09-26-2001, 07:58 PM   #19
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Theoretically, if you want to be a 'playa,' you should be able to woo all 3 girls at the same time....and make them like it, if you've got enough Charisma. Hey, maybe you could wear the Boots of Speed, too....if they double your movement rate, it can double the amount of time you spend with each girl, right? So, let's see, they each get 2/3rds of my time and 1/3rd of my 19 CHA.... Who's complaining?
Haha
I can't really speak with authority on this subject, as I'm still doing BG1, but IMHO:
Jaheira: Lousy Fighter, lousy Druid. Branwen, Yeslick, and Canderous are all better, AND they don't complain as much! Yay!
Viconia: Didn't like ANYTHING about her. Looks, personality, alignment, stats, you name it. And hey, 50% Magic Resistance is a REAL pain when trying to Heal yourself, especially when you've got no hitpoints. Yes, I know they fixed that in BG2, but in BG1, it really sucks.
Aerie: You're right...she DOES look like an anorexic 12-year-old! How old is she supposed to be, anyway? And yes, the eyes are indeed freaky. Maybe if she didn't look like she was about to either A) Start crying or B) Break into an epileptic seizure at any moment...
Old 09-27-2001, 12:52 AM   #20
crymson77
Manshoon

Jaheria always babbles on about balance. I for get what your rep has to be to make her shut up, put its in the hand book.