Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2001, 05:38 PM   #21
Epona
Zartan

Memnoch,
Spot on, you can only give someone so many chances. I think you handle these things really well, it probably helps that you don't enjoy it. I know that sounds odd, but you are more likely to think it through and weigh up the possibities beforehand, so you don't make rash decisions.
Also you are very clear at explaining to people what they shouldn't do and why they shouldn't do it. If they then ignore you, they have no excuse.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-23-2001, 05:40 PM   #22
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-23-2001, 05:54 PM   #23
Rikard

This always suckes
but what he did on the BG1 Forum was far beyond not knowing the rules
this was delibarate spoiler for spoiling

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination

Old 05-23-2001, 06:50 PM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I could just imagine Killer posting a SPAM message on this topic, he might be dumb enough to do it.
Old 05-23-2001, 09:12 PM   #25
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I have to say that I thought this killer fellow was a wanker.
Memnoch, I have been chatting in a particular chatroom since 1998. In that time I have talked to alot of great folks and made many friends, some of whom I have met. Unfortunately this chatrooms operators do not allow anyone to have ops. As a result alot of the decent folks have been chased away by smashers and wannabe hackers. There is still a strong core group of us but many others have been chased away because of abuse and just plain foul comments from these folks.
You did what you needed to do. It doesn't always feel good to do the right thing. It shows character. Thank You.

------------------
Old 05-23-2001, 10:21 PM   #26
CG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Memnoch - your 'ATTN:please read' threads are the Ironworks equivalent of being 'summoned to Rome' by Caligula or having your homework marked 'SEE ME' by the headmaster.

heh
My thought exactly.
Old 05-24-2001, 02:24 AM   #27
merc widowmaker
Dungeon Master

Good riddence I say ! No one should lose any sleep over the imature @#$%. I'm supprised he was'nt thrown out sooner. None the less, Memnoch, thank you.
... and you thought you had a thankless job lol.

------------------

Nobody tells me what to do, not even me !
Old 05-24-2001, 07:36 AM   #28
Shrylia
Manshoon

Though chaotic good - even in real life! - I don't really like the strain of having to watch out for deliberate aggression (and the various forms it can take) on these forums! Some folks are just not cut out for community...you just had to give Killer a heads-up about his alliance. Which he can choose to change if he misses the exchange...and I think he probably will.